Chapter 32 ~ A Messed Up Girl

The morning dawned bright and perfect. The Azad family household was hectic as usual and Zeenat sat on the indoor swing chair which was in the corner of the living room. The diary of a young girl on an uncertain page lay on her lap. She could concentrate no more for everyone had a share of opinion on the invite box that arrived on their doorstep.

"You're reading it wrong mum," her cousin shouted, snatching the invitation card from her mother's hand and re-read the words but it's the same. They've all heard it right the first time, simply refusing to accept.

"Isabella Samah Azad, that's definitely her but how?"

"This is strange everyone. We should have received a wedding invitation first, not a baby shower invitation card. They married in secret and now they're expecting."

"How did that girl entrap Zaid? He is the most handsome man in town and he fell for that good for nothing, girl."

"You guys are forgetting the essential here. Isabella grew up, envious of us. When she realized she can never become us, she became a gold digger. It's the only logical fact here."

Zeenat smiled but the anger only increased further, mostly on Zaid for falling into the trap of her gold digging cousin. She should have known when Zaid sat next to her on the New Year's lunch. He was chatting with both of them casually but Isabella mistook his intentions and went for the catch. Unbelievable

No matter how annoyed she was, she didn't dare tell her family about this little run down the memory lane. Bitch planned it all and it mustn't have taken long as they are already married and even have a child on the way. She slammed the book and stepped down the swing, rushing up the stairs not before hearing the sympathy.

"Poor girl, we all thought Zaid will choose her over anyone else."

"Poor Zeenat"

She rolled her eyes, irritated on being called poor. She is Zeenat Azad, for goodness sake and poverty isn't something to be linked to her in any way. Entering the walk in closet, she picked up what seemed sizzling enough to turn every male eyes on her; a strapless white crop top and skinny blue jeans paired with a converse. She was already petite in height so it made her looked not only hot but cute too.

Tying her hair into a messy bun after wearing her makeup, she took a long glance at her reflection in the mirror.

"How dare you reject me for her, Zaid?"

She said, raking her eyes on her perfect summer body. She was indeed good looking but not enough for the man who has broken her heart apparently. All crazy thoughts struck her mind. Was it because Isabella is fairer and taller than her? This was the only logical reasons that explain why Zaid married her and didn't detect that she is only after his money. The nerve of this girl to become pregnant in less than a year of marriage only gave proof of her character further.

Zeenat couldn't absorb the loneliness and swung her Chanel bag on her shoulder, taking her car keys in hand. Stepping out of the hallway, she noticed her grandfather Kaseem Azad coming towards her direction. The old man definitely didn't like her style for he kept a stern look on his face. But it was definitely for the reputation of the family's name, as usual.

"I've always known you're shameless but you are also one of the smartest granddaughter I've ever had so be careful girl," he said.

"Thanks grandpa. I'll keep it in mind," she said hurriedly walking past him as fast as she could for she was in no mood of a lecture on proper dressing. One of her male cousins, who had a crush on her, opened his mouth in shock until another one closed it for him. Great, the attention seeking brat is doing her job with perfection.