Chapter 52 ~ A Villain's Love Story

It took two bullets to be shot in the hallway of the villa for the sounds of footsteps to recede back in the street. Zaid had to let them know that he is armed too and coming closer to him will simply endanger the life of the girl they are attempting to rescue.

"They are definitely not cops. I hear no siren or orders through megaphone," he said.

"No, they are my friends."

Akira answered, yawning once again, the desire to sleep becoming too strong for her to make sense of reality yet it was the noise that became the reason for her to discern that Zaid Adeeb Tahir looked furious and had a gun in his hand. He grabbed her hand to pull her out of bed and placed an arm under her neck while his gun was pointed at her temple.

"I thought you cared for me," she said, a mocking snort followed.

"I did until your people got my wife."

Using Akira as a human shield, Zaid stepped out of the bedroom and into the hallway that turned into a war zone in a span of mere five minutes. While walking at a slow pace, he noticed that glasses had shattered, feathers from couches were flying in the air and falling on the floor covered in dust, bullet had formed holes in the decorative wallpapers yet no one in the neighborhood was disturbed because they were smart to use silencers. The sound of their fast cars could just be a stereotype in Dubai.

Arriving on the threshold, the headlights blinded him for a few jiffies but he recovered rather sooner unlike Akira who dropped her head and looked down only.

Three black SUV, one red Ferrari and four BMW, two silvery and two blue pretty much formed a semi-circle on the street right in front of the villa. Isabella stood unharmed in front of an Asian man who probably had a gun pointed to her back. From the look he received, Zaid was a hundred percent sure that he must be Han, Akira special friend with whom she hatched this plan and meeting with Isabella at Burj Khalifa.

The rest were men in black who stood armed in silence.

On the last stair from where he stood, he spotted Jay Martinez lied dead with blood gushing out of a hole right in the middle of his forehead. Whoever killed him, Zaid decides at the moment to shake his hand and thank him.

"They will not hurt us Zaid. They only want to talk," said Isabella in the calmest voice and accent ever.

"Don't you think there are too many people for one conversation?" Zaid added, sarcasm dripping like honey from his tone as he eyed the men.

"Mr. Tahir," said Han, stepping next to Isabella and placing his gun in the holster hanging at his belt. "We mean you no harm for the moment but if you do not comply there will be consequences that won't play in your favor."

"I don't think so because I hold Akira dearest captive and I know you guys aren't dumb to risk her life. Let my wife go and we'll talk."

Han laughed. "We are not holding Mrs. Isabella as prisoner. She is smart, she understands that we are the majority and you are the minority right now which explains the reason she is abiding by our condition."

"She's a woman, a little weak. That's why she listened so fast to you."

His poor choice of words turned Isabella red with anger. She snatched Han's revolver so fast and stepped forward, raising it in the air and pointing at Zaid. Unfortunately Akira was in her way. Everyone lifted their weapons in the air at once, some aiming Zaid but most were now aiming Isabella.

"Don't hide like a coward behind that girl and face me like a real man Zaid. I'll prove you how weak I can be."

Zaid resisted rolling his eyes because his own wife couldn't understand his plan and exposed to their enemy how frail their relationship are, giving them an upper hand.