Chapter 44 ~ A Forbidding First Kiss

Akira Malik was exhausted from trying to be stronger than she felt.

The car key was set in its place, she had her seat belt on and her hands were glued to the steering wheel. Still she can't decide where to go.

Of all the places she was familiar, should she visit the college where she was called slut and nearly run over by a car, the house where her cousins ignored her like a plague, the beach house where she was tortured to death, the bowling arena where she made enemies unknowingly or the building where she almost jump to kill herself.

"So many good memories Akira," she muttered, hating herself for still being a scared little kitten.

When a familiar car passed by, she watched it park on the other side not too far from the other rovers. Stepping down was the playboy who never ever hurt her despite his reputation. He looked at the unfamiliar cars in front of his palace and finally spotted Akira on the driver's seat. He removed his sunglasses and jogged towards her.

"Oh no"

Akira stepped down quickly, barely having enough time to close the door when she was engulfed in a hug.

"God, I missed you so much."

His gentle arms gave her the space to breathe and a sense of protection at the same time. Slowly she snuggled in, throwing her arms around his neck while the scent of his perfume started knocking her senses. Seriously how much did he spray?

"I missed you too Eshaan," she whispered.

Despite heaviness in her stomach, she sunk into his warmth, letting the world around her melt. When they broke apart, she noticed how handsome he truly is up close and his smile that sent butterflies flying around.

"I thought you were gone forever," he began.

"That was the plan which apparently failed when I discovered-"

"Arhaan is your half-brother." He continued leaving Akira stunned with wide eyes unable to talk for a moment.

"How did- you"

"Why don't you come inside with me and we'll talk in private?"

She didn't miss the mischievous cocky look yet her legs followed him through the main entrance and towards the elevator. While he was busy forwarding an email that popped into his phone, she stared at their reflection in the mirror. They were almost the same height and somehow looked like they were meant to be with each other; perfect together like one would say. She kept her thoughts to herself because she was never anyone's first choice.

"An assignment?" She asked.

"No, it's from my dad's office. Apparently it's for a Christmas party and I have to inform a few people around my age. He's always trying to hook me up with one of his business partner's daughter lately."

"Wait does this mean you and Maira are over?"

The elevator door opened and she followed him in the large hallway with red carpet spread till the very end. All doors were closed and the sound their shoes were making was almost offensive to disrupt the peaceful silence.

"This is my bedroom," he said, pushing the door wide open and closed it the moment they were inside.

"You didn't answer my question?" She backed against the wall, crossing her arms beneath her chest while the young man discarded his jacket on the couch.

"I will answer all your questions. I know you're curious and the fact that you don't even know about Maira and I proved you have been off the grid for quite long. Have a seat Akira." He gestured towards his neat bed.