Chapter 55 ~ A Stone Two Birds

On the outside they looked like everyone else seated at Ossiano, the underwater restaurant situated at Atlantis The Palm, business suit, branded bag, an aura of power dominating the air but on the inside they were being ruined by their demons.

Isabella's hand remained firm on the glass that she couldn't dare lift to bring to her mouth while gazing at the numerous fish swimming in their beautiful world. Sitting on her right was her husband who was asking about the well-being of his mistress.

"Shopping with Saeed, is that what you're saying?"

"Have fun, I'll see you soon."

"Love you too."

Isabella lifted her glass and the liquor drowns her misery.

She dug in the dessert; clattering the fork against the plate slightly louder that was somehow overshadowed by the conversation and slow romantic music prevailing in the room.

"As I was saying earlier," Zaid spoke in a hushed tone. "Don't be immature Isabella, we can't let them win. They are using our innocent child against us, how does that make The Legends better than us?"

She said nothing and ate.

"They are opportunists, which are all."

At that moment, Isabella couldn't help but smile at the level of hypocrisy Zaid possessed.

"The Legends have the Yazzir family, you have Hiba, Ishana has a complete family except for in-laws for her children, Akil despite being well Akil has two smart and beautiful children. But Zaid who do I have except my daughter?"

He couldn't even say you have me.

"My mother is married and moved on with her life, clearly warning me to stay away from her. She wants nothing to do with me. My father regardless who he was is dead. My husband only loved my face and my best friend is an enemy in disguise. Am I truly selfish or weak or immature like you put it that I want my daughter back?"

He took a sip of his drink and glanced at her hand that lay on the table, wanting to place his over hers but he couldn't.

"I didn't only love your face Isabella. There was a time when all I had on my mind was you but it all changed after Kamilah was taken. You pushed me away and someone else held me before I fell."

"Lucky you, because I had to bear all these years of loneliness in tears and an empty bed; I wish someone had surrounded his arms around me and tell me that it's okay Isabella, I'm here for you. I wish."

"It's too late."

"It's not, we are both breathing and our child is somewhere out there in the world, not knowing that her real parents want her back. We can change everything Zaid, we can be one small happy family again, just hold my hand this time," she said, tears appearing in her eyes.

"I promised someone else."

"And I'm still the Queen of the Seven League; don't force me to misuse my power for my own advantage."

"You touch her and everything we ever had will be ancient history."

"Thank you for saying indirectly I had only loved you because you happened to be the look-alike of my dead turned alive ex-fiancée Ishana."

"Isa-"

"Don't Isa me, I have loved only one man in my life and it's you so I'm not apologizing for being possessive."

Zaid knew it was futile to argue or say anything so he looked aside and breathed. He was only human. He had a frail heart too that could only belong to one at a time. Like life's not complicated enough he sensed someone joining their table sitting on the opposite side blocking a small part of their underwater eating experience. He shared a perplexed glance with Isabella as he uttered the stranger's name.