Chapter 6 ~ A Gang Leaders Meeting

On the cold late winter afternoon, the skies is embraced by the fading radiance of the sunset, tinges of red and mauve chasing one another. Zaid stepped down of the car that stopped on the runway and wore his coat.

With Saeed and a group of ten men, all dressed in black following him, he climbed the air stairs. Once arriving up, he shook hands with the flight attendant who guided him and his men towards the first class which was specially booked for him.

As everyone knows him as the respected and wealthy hotelier, he is often provided services from different sectors; one big example being the airport. Who would have known that there are currently eleven handguns, three rifles and fifteen bombs in his personal suitcase that he brought in the plane of a hundred people without going through airport security?

Balancing professional and mafia life has become an easy task for him.

Zaid took in the third seat while the rest scattered around. He remained still, keeping his eyes outside as the plane crossed the evening sky, the white wing left to fade with the last of dusk.

"Some champagne sir," the air hostess offered and Zaid grabbed the glass with a tight smile. "Thank you."

With each gulp, his Adam's apple bobbed violently as the liquid slid down his throat.

One hour and thirty minutes later, Zaid found himself in the backseat of a black Mercedes driving to Intercontinental Istanbul where his meeting with mafia lords was being held. The place is classy and screamed standard.

Zaid didn't waste time and changed into another suit, preparing himself. He hid his gun inside his blazer and followed Saeed as they took the special elevator that goes underground.

0

-1

-2

And then it stopped, revealing a long classy hallway with men dressed in expensive black suit, each one of them holding a rifle worth fortune. Zaid greeted two of the leaders of the Seven League and took his place.

Fifteen more minutes.

The room started to fill in with more members alongside with their secretary, bodyguard or the person who'll kill merciless for them. In his case, it was Saeed. Zaid let his eyes roll on Akil Omar famously known as the playboy of the Seven League.

Enmity existed since they weren't even born but King made the two of them sign a peace treaty and stopped the war. Still, Zaid held a soft spot of pure hatred for Akil as his father was the murderer of his parents.

"Long time brother," Akil acknowledged, showing his playful smile while the girl with black hair next to him ran her lips on his ear.

"I'm not your brother."

"I thought we shared toys."

"When we were five Akil, just two toddlers in a high class kindergarten; not anymore."

"I miss the good old days. It must suck to be once again the richest bachelor in town. My sincere condolences."

Zaid has skipped this yearly meeting after the death of Ishana. Saeed filled in but he knew he can't avoid it forever. He is a gangster and has to face the reality one day or another.

When King set foot in the place, everyone stood up and silence reign over the place. Despite being in his early fifties, he looked like he can still fight like a youngster. He removed his gun and aimed it at Zaid. His finger pressed the trigger but the bullet hit the wall behind.

"I can see your fear for gun still doesn't exist," he said since Zaid didn't flinch and looked at him right in the eyes; emotionless.

"Gun has always been my favorite toy," replied Zaid, with a smirk as everyone laughed. Akil grabbed the glass of wine and raised a toast.

"To my brother from another mother and his favorite toy." Picking up their glasses, everyone drank in unison and took their seat.

Thus the meeting began. Discussing about profits, cops trying to track them down, their new associates, and their newborn enemy; a British mercenary called The Legends.

"He has managed to track my sister but before she could reveal, my man had to kill her," said Helena Colson, the only female member of the Seven League.

"Sorry for your loss but what else do you know about The Legends?"

"His name is Adeel Malik, the younger brother. The elder ones name is Ali Malik who is the head but we know nothing about him."

"Any weakness," asked King's right hand, taking in every words carefully. An enemy's weakness is another one's strength. Zaid knew that better than anyone since whoever has caused Ishana to take her own life knew she was his only weakness.

"Adeel's wife Farah, son Ehteshaam and twin babies Anisha and Akira but they live in one of the most secured place in London so it's not possible to attack them."

Zaid felt repulsed realizing that they might use two innocent babies for their dirty work.

"I can do something," added Ismail Jafry, known as hack lord. He used the internet better than anyone else to breach into millionaire's network and blackmails them. Zaid couldn't stay quiet anymore so he spoke on behalf of King's right hand.

"What?"

His eyes sparkled hoping this man's brain is as useful as in the virtual world. He don't want to be part of a saga where powerful leaders use babies as leverage.

"Farah used to be my brother's bitch. I can use these two lovebirds to bring her on our side and through her we'll attack Adeel Malik."

"Plan's great but it will take too much time which we don't have plus Farah might work against us, we wouldn't even know so it's risky. The Legends don't know our real faces so we should keep it that way. My suggestion is we kill them at first sight. Don't give them chance to study us or gather proof. If we suspect someone might be from The Legends we kill," says Akil.

The meeting went on for a few hours until they decided to call it a night.

Zaid was ready to go but Akil stood on his way, blocked his path. He gave Saeed a look and motioned him to stay right behind Akil.

"It's your sister's birthday on the thirty-first, am I right?"

The dark look in Zaid's eyes for mentioning his sister didn't go unnoticed. It was a sensitive topic for him.

"You married her quite young, I mean how old she could be, twenty, twenty-one, two, she has her whole youth Zaid and you tied her in a wedding, it's not fair. I mean we could have joined families, finishing this enmity that you can't seem to let go."

"I'll rather have her remain a spinster than marrying her to a person like you."

"You don't think I'll be a good husband to her?"

Zaid grabbed his collar and pushed him against the wall. Guns were taken out ready to fire or to fight each other despite being in King's presence that was clearly pissed off at Zaid and Akil's feud.

Anger coursed through his body ready to lash out. Akil's creasing collar remained held tight in his hands where veins started showing from the restrain.

"Touch her I'll kill you with my bare hands."