Chapter 13 ~ A Fake Extramarital Affair [part 1]

Wednesday morning rolled in not as terribly as Isabella had night shift which meant she could spend the whole day doing what she desired. But few minutes after her mother bid her goodbye, the telephone rang.

"Remember me?"

The voice said. Isabella can forget the awful Azad family members but not her. She was the first person to offer her a sum of money that she had only heard and never seen. Not trying to sound too happy on hearing her, Isabella kept a composed tone.

"Yes," she replied.

"Military Cemetery; the savior of the world waits in patience."

The call ended.

Isabella froze, holding the phone tightly in hands. Cops are intelligent and do not speak much. It didn't take her long though to figure out the coded message. Without wasting any further time, she changed into a pair of blue jeans trousers and jacket with a belt that goes around her waist. After wearing her old pair of black shoes, she stuffed a few notes in her pocket, locked the door and hid the key under the potted plant.

Her car was an untrustworthy piece of junk so she walked towards the taxi pick up point and paid to drop her at a supermarket that wasn't far from the cemetery. That was a cover up in case someone followed or recognized her.

Traffic didn't pose as an issue.

Isabella started walking on the road that was full of middle aged women with their kids by their side. She paid no attention to the daily lives of the common people and focused on her destination when she heard her name from a car riding beside her. Turning, she spotted Eijaz. She eagerly opened the door and climbed inside.

"I thought she said the cemetery," she said, shaking his hand.

"She did but I also know that you aren't dumb."

Isabella smiled and put on her seatbelt as he changed direction opposite of the chosen place.

"Where are we going?" She asked, watching the roads becoming less frequented by humans and more by animal crossing signs.

"Lara received a tip. Zaid has a spot somewhere here where his drugs are kept. You and I are to explore it."

"Don't you think it will be a guarded place? After all we're talking about Zaid here."

Eijaz smiled. "Don't you think I can take down a few guys?"

Isabella wandered her eyes on his body size. True, Zaid was taller but he is more muscular and physically strong. She hid the little blush that spread across her face by turning towards the side view mirror where a black tinted van was keeping a little distance behind them.

An internal feeling prevailed that something isn't right. It could be following them or not.

"Turn left," she said keeping her eyes glued on the side view mirror.

Eijaz threw a quick glance at her and spotted the van in the rear view mirror. He obeyed and kept changing directions on purpose, leading him far from the real destination.

"Shit," he mumbled.

"The tip that Lara received is a trap," Isabella said, afraid to look behind. "Abort this mission, Eijaz. They have found us."

"Someone either knows about you or me and that's not good at all."

He gripped the steering wheel even tighter and swerved towards the highway, mingled among the other cars but the van didn't give up its pursuit. Like a shadow, it followed them wherever they drove. Just when they thought it couldn't get any more worse, two black cars joined the chase.