Chapter 42 ~ A Screwed Up Couple [part 2]

A/N: I normally don't write author's note but this is important. This line is from the description of the book.

"Every love story has a hero, a heroine and a villain but this is the story of a villain."

This will remind you that Zaid has always been a Villain in case you have forgotten about it. 

This is the Villain's story, not the hero.

The greatest test of courage is to bear defeat without losing heart

The greatest test of courage is to bear defeat without losing heart. Though it wasn't too difficult at some point, Zaid Adeeb Tahir can't seem to take it. He turned his mobile phone off and put it in the drawer.

Sitting in the middle of the bed, hair tied in a low ponytail, Hiba kept caressing the bandage around her wrist, blowing air on it. His wife sent a clear message: I'll cut the hand that has touched you.

He figured it out when one of them repeatedly tried to aim the knife at her hand. Being in his early forties doesn't mean he should walk with a cane, a fact his wife has brutally misunderstood. He still got the stamina and he'll always stand like a shield in front of the woman who understood him like no one else.

Turning the main lights off and switching the lamp with the lowest voltage on the rustic bookcase, he sat on the bed, throwing an arm around her shoulder pulling her head on his chest. He pulled down her hair band and massaged her head lightly. He liked running his fingers through her soft hair.

"You know I'll always be here for you, right."

"If she can send goons after me when you're in the city, she'll do much worse when you are not here. I'm scared Zaid. You saved me twice, what if you are not there a third time, I'll-"

"Don't think like this. If I'm not here, Saeed will be here or I'll hire as many strong men I can to protect you. Don't worry love."

Hiba slowly raised her hand and touched his beard, finger grazing his lower lip where it was slightly bruised from a punch he took for her. She felt lucky to have someone like him in her life.

"Why don't you leave her? Free her from your marriage and be with me. You no longer love and so do her. She doesn't even take your last name anymore."

"You know I can't do that. She'll finish me; she'll even drag you into this mess if I leave her forever. She's become too powerful and dangerous."

Zaid looked at her and placed a tender kiss on her forehead. He has committed several mistakes. In his obsession of Ishana, he married Isabella but she was far from being her. Isabella is sarcastic, doesn't accept defeat, can be revengeful; she's everything Ishana is not. Hiba on the other hand is more like Ishana in her personality. He realized much later that he'll rather be with a woman over whom he has control, slightly submissive and shy.

Maybe that's why he bonded well with her rather than his wife.

"Is this how it's going to be then?"

"I love you Hiba not her. Stop worrying so much," he reassured her and pressed his lips against hers.

She sat up; her finger kept touching his cheeks while he explored her mouth. He was intoxicated with the way she tasted and her scent. A groan left her tongue when he lifted her T-shirt slightly to touch her soft waist. She flung her arms around his neck as he gently lowered her on the bed but didn't break the kiss.

Pushing him away to breathe properly, she dropped her hands on his shoulders. "You know how to make me feel normal, don't you?"

"I can't see anyone else touch you. I'll go crazy. You are only mine, Hiba."

"I wish I could call you mine but you still belonged to her," she said, a sympathetic smile appearing on her face.

"The day she gives up her crown, her title and her position, I'll belong to you only. I promise you my love." She smiled, warming his heart yet he could still hear Isabella's voice in his mind mocking him.

"You are a fucking failure Zaid. You failed all your promises, whether it's Ishana or your own daughter whom you haven't found yet despite promising me a hundred times."

"Where are you lost?" She asked sweetly.

"Help me forget about my problems?" He asked and she nodded.

Hiba closed her eyes as his hands roamed around her entire body, caressing every curve, making her feel beautiful, even prettier than Isabella. Her face flushed but she was getting used to their regular making out sessions. Still they have never reached the fourth base. Zaid didn't want to taint her while she doesn't belong to him in a legal way.

She cared no more about that. What held more importance is that he respected and worshipped her body at the same time in a way that she can't explain; Isabella is dumb to push someone like Zaid away. She told her once and they got back together. She herself know how broken she was when she witnessed everyone congratulating Isabella and praising her daughter's beauty. Yet she had composed herself and acted normal.

She fisted the comforter as his beard teased her neck, making her feel hot despite the cold breeze outside. He gripped her wrists forcefully to prevent her from moving too much as he shifted to the other side of her neck.

"Zaid," she mumbled.

"I love hearing you say my name. It sounds simple and loving."

"Not angry or commanding like her," she teased.

"You are poles apart Hiba and that's why I like you better."

He rolled her on top of him making her straddling him and she opened her eyes. Their T-shirts were discarded as she took hold now, kissing him and making him arouse. She nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck and Zaid held her protectively, hands moving lower.

"I can feel you," she said.

"No talking," he ordered and their kiss turned slightly rough and possessive.

Three buildings away on the same road, in an apartment of the last floor, sat Isabella on the cold tiles with a photograph in hand. Her mascara had stained her cheeks as low sobs kept coming out of her mouth. It was taken on the night of the baby shower party. They were lost in each other's eyes with an admiration and love like no one else in the room.

"I hate you Zaid," she whispered, tearing the photograph in half and throwing his face into the fireplace.