Chapter 33 ~ A Sort Of Encouragement

Zaid could feel his voice stuck in his throat when his eyes landed on Isabella. Hair beautifully done in a French braided bun, she was dressed in a floor sweeping red princess gown, covered from shoulders to ankles and makeup professionally done giving her a bridal look.

"Ogling at someone isn't good manners Zaid."

She teased, ordering everyone who has come to help her dress for the occasion out. Heads down, they all gather up their work materials and hurried out of the door, walking past the man of the hour whose eyes were glued like a magnet on his wife.

"I thought you were going to wear another one of your strapless dresses or body hugging whatever," he said, casually pouring a glass of water.

He heard her chuckle, a sound he could listen all day long.

"I was but this is the party of the town's popular hotelier Zaid Adeeb Tahir not the one who runs a shady side business so my options became limited."

Feisty as usual, bold as a lioness

The next thing he knew, he had slammed his lips on hers, catching her off guard and nearly knocked her breath away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled.

"Now's not a good time," she said pulling away to breathe while her freshly manicured hand remained on his heart, feeling the fast beats just like hers.

"I couldn't stop myself and I think I might go full alpha male if someone else stares at you."

She snorted and this time placed both hands on his shoulders giving a little squeeze that felt relaxing and tensing at the same time.

"That's why we have Saeed. I know you Zaid so I already instruct him to make sure everyone behaves properly during the party, we want no drama to ruin the mood and positive vibes. Shall we?"

"Fix your lipstick first, it's smudged."

"Oh"

Isabella again sat in front of the vanity, dabbing the mess around her lips first that looked like she has been suckling on juicy cherries and strawberries at the same time. She had no idea how the girls had done her lipstick. She simply applied it, making sure every inch is covered with a dark red color.

They called it viva glam.

Arm looped at his elbow, Isabella and Zaid exited the suite of Jazzay Hotel, nodding, smiling and greeting the guests on their way to the hall. Saeed rushed to their side preventing non –invited people like the paparazzi from coming any closer.

"Is everyone here because I want the door shut the moment we are in?" Zaid asked Saeed in a low tone, while smiling at a middle aged couple.

"Only Toni, his family is already here though."

Zaid resisted not rolling his eyes. Ever since he's become a member of the Seven League, his attitude is dripping of arrogance. Only the couple of the night can arrive thirty minutes late, it only enhances the attention.

"If he didn't arrive in five minutes, shut the door. When he asked, tell him I ordered."

"Sure"

Soft music surrounded the place where those considered top notch were gathered in small groups making small talks. All of the sudden they stopped and turned their eyes on the couple. Isabella gulped. Once upon a time in a big city, lived a poor girl who went from rags to riches.

Everyone applauded, smiled and so did Isabella before turning to look at her husband. They were lost in each other's eyes while snaps after snaps illuminated their faces which will become tomorrow's highlight in the newspaper and business magazine.