CH 4: Training, Responsibilities & Friends

NARRATOR'S POV

The well laid out road map of Wayo's life had been completely altered by his Omega status.

Directly after the pack meeting, he was put into a strict training regimen with Tasha and the other female Omegas. For the next six months, his days consisted of training, eating, and sleeping.

The focus of his trainings came down to just three words: Control, Sharing, and Shielding.

Control - how to control or withhold his emotions from leaking onto others

Sharing - how to share his emotions with others in a controlled way

Shielding - how to shield himself and others so no one could break through his walls to 'read' or control them with their emotions.

No matter what the training session was focused on, they were all emotionally and physically draining. Most days seemed to end with him, and most of the pack's female Omegas, lying on the ground in the fetal position, crying. Wayo generally practiced with 10-12 Omegas at a time and Tasha rotated fresh Omegas in when one of the them became exhausted or overwhelmed. The females had a chance to rest and recover before being rotated back into the session. Wayo didn't.

Tasha was a hard task master. She believed that Wayo had to learn and learn quickly. As an untrained child, he was already too powerful. As far as sheer raw strength and power, he was already stronger than the combined efforts of the 12 Omegas she started most sessions with. It was only the fact he lacked finesse and control, for now, that kept her one step ahead of him in training.

While Ming was not allowed to watch Wayo's training sessions, because of his previous intervention, he did come at the end of every day to collect him and bring him home. Tasha and Ming would square off and stare at each other briefly before simply nodding and walking away. There was a truce between the two of them, but barely.

Originally when Wayo found out what his father had done, regarding adding Ming to his life, he was beyond angry. He knew most heirs had guardians and it would have been only a matter of time before he acquired one, but most boys usually had some input into the matter.

However, after Wayo gave the matter some thought, he realized Ming was the obvious choice. Ming's 1st shift had happened when he was around 8 years old. Now at age 11, Ming's wolf was fully grown, large, and powerful. With his father being the pack's Beta, he expected Ming to become Beta after him, so Ming's training had begun earlier and was harsher than most. Add those reasons to the fact him and Ming were already friends, and he could understand his father's reasoning. His just didn't like how it was done and he wished his father had spoken to him about it first.

In the beginning, Ming could force Wayo to accept his help simply by being there when Wayo didn't have the energy or mental capacity to refuse him. He would brush the tears from Wayo's eyes and help him walk, or most days piggyback him, back to the house. Ming would make sure he showered and ate dinner, before he would put Wayo to bed. After a few weeks, Wayo came to depend on Ming's daily help in his life and finally gave up all resistance.

--------------------

One of the few breaks Wayo got from training, was on days he had to be in meetings with outside visitors who came to see his father. He was still his father's heir even if he was an Omega, and these visitors didn't know that fact yet anyway.

Wayo's presence in these meetings proved beneficial for the pack. He now knew when people were lying or telling the truth. He knew when they were nervous, scared, or angry. He could share all this information with his father and his father was able to make more well-informed decision for the pack.

Now that Wayo had gone through his 1st shift, visiting Alphas started to bring their kids, who had likewise had their 1st shift, with them to these meetings. The adults believed this allowed the future leaders of the packs to get to know each other and form bonds as children, so they would be able to work together as adults. The kids just appreciated the time to make and play with new friends or catch up with the friends they hadn't seen in a while. Mostly it was boys who came with their fathers and they ranged anywhere from a few years younger to a few years older than Wayo and Ming.

Wayo enjoyed these visits the most when the Alpha's from the five neighboring packs came and brought not only their heirs, but their other sons too. He liked all the kids, but of course he had his favorite visitors.

Alpha Jamornhun from the Black Valley Pack always brought his son, and heir, when he visited. Jaruraphum, better known as Forth, was always nice to Wayo even though he looked tough. Despite the fact Forth was a year older than Wayo, he'd sit and talk with Wayo for hours, or he would ask Wayo to play the piano for him when they came to visit. Forth would always bring at least one other friend with him, but after acquiring Ming, Wayo realized Forth's friend was most likely his guardian also. Seeing Forth, who was tall and strong, being trailed by a guard made Wayo feel better about his acceptance of Ming at his side.

Alpha Kongthanin from the Crescent Moon Pack usually brought both his heir and second son when he came. His heir was about 5 years older than Wayo, so they didn't spend much time together, but his second son, Phana, was only about a year older. Phana was a little rough and wild and he preferred to be outside playing sports. Wayo would participate till he was tired, then he would watch Phana and Ming from the sidelines. Phana would give Wayo a playful smirk when he couldn't keep up with them, but he would always call a break soon after and sit and talk with Wayo for a while.

09.03.2017

Edited:  01.31.2018   8:23 pm  US CST