CH 16: Proof is in the... Phone Call?

PACK ALPHA PANITCHAYASAWAD POV (WAYO'S DAD)

"Where do I start? You've spent lots of time with Wayo in the past, so you know how sensitive he can be to the emotions around him." Phana nods before I proceed. "Well, people who share bonds with him are easy for him to sense. The stronger the bond the more he can sense obviously. Also, we all know Omegas can sense the emotions of people within a certain radius of themselves without being bonded to them. Wayo can do this too. I know I've said that, Alpha, do you remember?"

"Yes, I remember you saying that a couple of times." Alpha Kongthanin agrees.

"Because we are family now, I am going to tell you a few other things about Wayo, but I'd prefer if they stay secrets." Looking at both of them, I wait till the nod before I continue, "Wayo can form emotional links, not based on pack bonds, to people he cares for and spends time with. These links vary in strength depending on his connection to that person and how much time the link has been built over, but they're there. I'm not sure he's even consciously doing it, but it happens."

"Why did you never tell us this before?" Alpha Kongthanin sputters out in indignation.

"Well, honestly it took us years to realize it was happening, since it's supposed to be impossible to form bonds outside of the Pack and Mating bonds. Once we did realize what was happening and we thought through the implications, there was no way I felt safe telling anyone about it. Besides now the three of us, there are only two others who know."

Alpha Kongthanin looks slightly appeased by this explanation, "What does that truly mean he can do?"

"Currently, it means Wayo has formed emotional links with most of his childhood friends. Those links vary in strength depending on how close their friendship is and how much time they've spent together, but they exist. He can check in on his friends through the links whenever he wants but more commonly he just seems to know when something is bothering them or if they are experiencing stronger than normal emotions." I pause so my words can sink in.

"Forgive this strange analogy, but I've come to realize it's really fitting. You see, Wayo is like a little spider in the center of his web, he can feel movements all along the web lines, or 'links', he has developed and built over the years. Distance is also not a hindrance to Wayo. He can sense anyone he has a bond or link with any time he wants from where ever they are."

Phana and his father are looking at me skeptically. "I know you might have your doubts right now, but let me ask this simply... Nong Phana have you ever received a call or text from Wayo out of the blue when you were feeling strongly about something? Let say you were angry or upset. Maybe extraordinarily happy or sad."

Phana looks at me, "Yes, I have."

"And is there any way he could have known you were experiencing strong feelings before he contacted you?"

Phana is looking back and forth between his father and me. "Well, no."

Phana's father says skeptically, "Come now, old friend, that's not proof, that's coincidence."

"Ok," I clap my hands, "Proof let's see, what would you consider proof?"

"How about you show us what you mean with a demonstration."

"Sure, using Nong Phana? He is non-pack to Wayo, hasn't spent time with Wayo for over a year now, and the mate bond isn't in place yet. Will that be a powerful enough demonstration?"

"Yes, but how?"

"Let's pick a strong emotion. How about anger or jealousy? I think either of those would get Wayo's attention pretty quickly. Nong Phana how about it? Is your phone on? Ringer on? Are you prepared?" Phana simply nods, "This might be a little harsh, are you prepared for that?"

"Yes sir, I'm ready."

"Did you know even when he was younger Wayo was always so excited when you came to visit... you and Nong Forth. Both of you are so special to him. Now, I remember how Nong Forth would visit sometimes several times a month to spend time with Wayo. He even spent the night many times at the pack house."

Phana is a little irritated, but he's no where near as jealous as he needs to be, so I continue, "Wayo was also very excited about attending the same college as you... and Nong Forth. I believe Nong Forth even cleared his schedule, so he could spend the last few days with Wayo. Even though he knows he's not Wayo's mate, I'm sure he's thought about deepening their relationship. I mean they're so close and Wayo trusts him without reservation. You know, Nong Ming called me on Thursday, asking me if he should prevent their relationship from escalating, but I didn't think that was fair to do to Wayo. He is almost an adult now. Surely, if he wants to have a sexual partner before he finds his mate..."

A growled, "NO!" escapes Phana. "He's mine! He's my mate!" He's standing now and breathing heavily.

Well, he's definitely angry and jealous now, and right then his phone starts ringing. I let loose a quick chuckle at their startled looks. "Let me guess. Is it... hmmm... Wayo by chance? Answer it on speaker and pretend like we're not here please."

Phana is still breathing heavily, but swipes his finger across the phone, "Hello?"

"Hi, P'Pha are you busy?" Wayo's voice comes across the line.

"N'Yo, yes, I'm sorry I'm a little busy right now."

"Oh, ok, but uhhmm, P'Pha are you alright? Is there something bothering you? Is there something I can help you with? You seem upset." Phana's and his father's eyes both shoot to mine.

"I'm okay N'Yo. I was just having an argument with someone a minute ago, but I'm fine now. It's all resolved."

"Ok, P! Will you still be back tomorrow, P'Pha? Will you have time to see me then? It's been a long time since we've seen each other, P."

"Yes, N'Yo, it has been too long since we've spent time together. How about we go to dinner tomorrow?"

"That sounds great, P'Pha! See you tomorrow." Yo hangs up and so does Phana. I can tell his anger is mostly gone and he's starting to look pretty happy. He's also rubbing his chest.

"So, he can affect you this far away too? Your link is stronger than I thought it was." Phana looks at me and I point at his hand rubbing his chest. "You're suddenly happy? Are you happy or is Wayo happy you're taking him to dinner tomorrow and he's sharing it with you?"

"I don't think it's me, because I still feel a little angry and jealous too." He admits.

"Phana are you sure?" His father asks.

"Yes, father, I'm sure."

Looking Phana in the eyes, I tell him, "As you spend more time with him, Wayo will know exactly what you are feeling before you know it, especially if he's focusing on you. The training from Tasha will help you to shield a little from him until he becomes your mate."

Phana stutters out, "If I can't hide anything from him, then how will he not find out I'm his mate before his birthday?"

"N'Phana, Wayo will only know you have a secret if you're feeling guilty about something and refuse to share the reason with him. He's not a mind reader, at least he won't be until your bond is in place." I chuckle at Phana's uncomfortable look. "Just don't feel guilty about either secret and he won't know. You're choosing to do what's best for both of you by waiting for his birthday and going through this training, so there's nothing to feel guilty about."

The door guards interrupt by knocking and announcing, "Tasha is here sirs."

09.13.2017

Edited:  02.12.2018   7:59 pm  US CST

Howling at the MoonsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara