CH 14: Is This the Real Life? Is This Just Fantasy?

PHANA'S POV

After the boys brought me back to my room, all I could do was sit in a daze.

Wayo is my mate. Wayo is my mate. The phrase keeps repeating over and over in my mind and I can't believe it. Is it real? Am I dreaming. No, no way I'm dreaming, Ming's slap earlier hurt like hell, so this can't be a dream.

That slap definitely snapped me back to reality and I needed it. What was I thinking? Was I actually considering trying to claim Yo in a room full of people?

His smell, Oh My God, his smell was amazing. Yo always smells good, his scent is so fresh and clean. But tonight, his smell was irresistible, and I almost lost my mind. Is it going to be like this all the time? I won't survive if it's like this all the time.

Groaning out loud, the boys look at me nervously.

--------------------

Ming just left, but his words are still in my thoughts.

He's right, I need to get my act together. I'll go home and talk to our fathers about how to survive the next 4 months until Yo turns 18. It's not that long from now. Thank god, I didn't go to visit him earlier this year! I'd have lost my sanity by now.

The guys shuffle back into the room. They look at each other uncertainly, then glance at me.

"Ai'Decha, is there something wrong?"

"No, Ai'Pha, we just want to say congratulations, but we're not sure if it's the right time."

Giving them a tight smile, I reassure them, "Yes, congratulations are always welcome, thank you."

"Ai'Pha, I know the wait will be hard, but it's Nong Wayo. We all think you're very lucky."

Giving them another smile, warmer this time, I think, yes I'm lucky.

--------------------

The driver just texted me, he's downstairs waiting. Letting him know I'll be right down, I grab my bag and head towards the door.

Decha's got his phone in his hand, he just received a notification. "Wait, Ai'Pha. Just a few minutes, then you can go down."

"Why?"

"Because Ming is returning Wayo to the dorm now and it wouldn't be a good idea to cross paths tonight."

Ten minutes later, we receive the all clear text from Ming and I start to head downstairs. As, we reach the stairwell, Wayo's scent overwhelms my senses. I must have unconsciously looked at the stairs leading up, because all three guys quickly move to block me from them.

Thinking rationally, all I can do is descend to the lobby. Finally reaching the front doors and the outside, a breeze has dissipated most of Yo's scent. I'm thankful, but I already miss it too.

Taking one last look at the 5th floor, I try to spot Wayo's room before climbing into the waiting car.

--------------------

When the car pulls up to the pack house my parents are waiting for me on the porch.

My mom pulls me into her embrace as soon as I climb out. "Oh son, I'm so happy for you!"

"Me too son," says my dad as he also pulls me into a hug. "Do you want to talk a bit tonight or do you want to rest?"

"Rest dad. Please."

"Good, that's probably for the best. Wayo's father will be here around 11am tomorrow. So, rest for now, but come to my office by 10:45am, ok?"

"Yes, dad." I wai to my parents and climb the stairs to my room. I take a quick shower and get ready for bed. It's been an exhausting day and tomorrow will probably be a long one too.

----------------------

WAYO'S POV

"Did you have a good time tonight Ai'Yo?" Ming asks me as I'm getting ready for bed.

"Yes. It was good to see everyone and catch up with them. The food was good too, Ai'Ming. But why did you disappear? Everyone was asking where you were."

"Something came up that I needed to take care of. I'll catch up with them another time. Tonight, everyone came to see you anyway, you didn't need me to be a distraction."

Walking out of the bathroom, I give him a look. "You're not a distraction, Ai'stupid! You're my best friend. Besides not everyone came for me." I huff out.

"What? What do you mean? What happened."

"Nothing happened, but Pha didn't come tonight. He said he was coming and then he didn't. He didn't even text me." I was pouting a little. Just a little.

"Pha came. I bumped into him when I was leaving."

"You did?" I was shocked and hurt. "But I didn't see him, he didn't talk to me."

"Relax, Ai'drama queen. Pha got a call from his dad demanding he come home immediately. He didn't even make it in the door of the event. He told me to tell you he was sorry and that he would see you on Sunday when he gets back. I just forgot earlier. You should probably text him and let him know you missed him tonight and you look forward to seeing him on Sunday too. That way he knows you're not upset with him, alright."

"That's a good idea. I'll text him now to tell him." I pick up my phone and start typing.

Ming just smiles at me as he leaves to return to his room for the night.

09.12.2018

Edited:  02.09.2018   9:31 pm  US CST