CH 19: You're His What?!?

FORTH'S POV

Deciding I want to spend some time with Yo, I head downstairs to his room to see what he has planned for the day. As I clear the stairwell and turn down the hall, I spot Phana coming out of Yo's room.

He turns and sees me walking towards him, "Morning, Ai'Forth." He calls out happily.

"Morning, Ai'Pha. What are you doing?"

"I'm going to get ready for class."

Duh! I guess that's what I asked, but not the information I wanted. "I meant why are you coming from Yo's room?"

"Oh, that. Well, I spent the night." Phana begins walking towards me and the stairwell again, but stops when he's shoulder to shoulder with me, "If you're going to visit Yo, he's still sleeping, Ai'Forth. Don't wake him, na? We were up pretty late, and he's exhausted." He then continues walking cheerfully away.

Turning, I watch until he disappears down the stairs. My mind is spinning from his comment. Is he suggesting what I think he is? Did he sleep with Yo last night? No, I refuse to believe that!

The door behind me opens and Ming comes out with his keys in his hand. He gives me a wai, "Good morning, P'Forth. Were you waiting for me?"

"No, I'm going to talk to N'Yo about his plans for today. I have some free time and want to spend it with him."

"Ok, but please let him sleep a little longer, P'Forth. I could hear him and P'Pha up late last night, so I bet he's pretty tired this morning."

At Ming's words, my hands ball into fists and I turn and stalk to the stairwell, heading back up to my room.

--------------------

MING'S POV

As I watch Forth stomp out of sight, I smile and whisper "that was fun."

Opening my door, I go back inside my room and toss my keys on the dresser. I have nowhere to go right now.

--------------------

WAYO'S POV

Half awake, my hand reaches across the bed searching for Pha, but I'm not finding anyone beside me. I open my eyes to confirm that Pha really left, and they land on a piece of paper on the night stand.

Reaching for it, I read Pha's scribbled note: I didn't want to wake you, but I have to go to an early class. I'll see you tonight for the event when you meet the Science faculty wolves. Wait for me and we can go over together.

Smiling like a crazy person, I crawl out of bed and grab my phone. I text Ming asking him what we have going on today and also text Pha to tell him thanks for such a great night last night.

Afterwards, I jump in the shower to start getting ready for my day. I'm really looking forward to seeing Pha again tonight.

------------------

Ming drags me around with him all day. We tour the campus and go to the store for supplies we'll need for school next week. We shop for a couple of things at the clothing store and we also swing by the restaurant to confirm things for tonight.

When we finally get back from all our errands, it's time to start getting ready for the event. Ming is looking through my closet to help me pick out an outfit, while I jump in the shower. Tonight, is when I'm meeting the wolves from my college. These people will be my class mates when school starts, so I'm pretty nervous, because I want to make a good impression.

Pha is waiting for me in my room when I get out of the shower. Ming went next door to get himself ready. After I'm dressed Pha calls me over and sits me on the floor between his legs. Then he reaches for my towel and helps to finish drying my hair for me.

There's a knock at the door and thinking it's Ming, I yell to come in. However, its Forth that opens the door.

Forth is starting to say something, but he abruptly stops when he sees me and Pha. Pha stands and helps me up to stand at his side. Forth and Pha are staring at each other and I can tell they're both angry. I'm not sure why they're angry, but it feels like ant bites stinging my skin.

"P's is there a reason you're both angry right now? Did something happen?"

They both say "No" at the same time, which is obviously a lie. However, Ming arrives right then, looks at both guys, grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room without a word.

-------------------

FORTH'S POV

We're staring at each other and we're both breathing hard. Our hands fisted at our sides.

Not being able to stand it any longer I demand, "Phana, what are you doing?"

"Helping Yo get ready for the event." He replies.

"You know what I mean." I answer shortly.

"Forth, why are you so concerned about what Yo and I do together?" He challenges in return.

"It's no secret that I've been fond of Yo since we were children. Do I need another reason to be concerned about him, when you suddenly take interest in him?"

"I was also fond of Yo as a child, we all were Forth, but Yo is not your mate. So, don't you think your concern is misplaced. Maybe it's time you let go."

Who does Phana think he is to tell me what to do with my feelings?! This is going nowhere, I'm wasting my time. Scoffing at him, "No, I'm not Yo's mate, but Yo and I are both adults now. I no longer have to hold back my feelings. Since neither of us are mated yet, we can freely enjoy each other..."

Phana lurches across the space between us and grabs my collar as he pushes me against the wall, snarling in my face, "NO, YOU CAN NOT! HE'S MINE! My mate!" He's panting heavily. His eyes are flickering to a golden hue, and his wolf is trying to break free. "He's my mate, and if touch him, you will die. He's mine, mine only!"

"W-What? No! It can't be, I don't believe you!" Hearing him claim Yo hurts so badly. I feel like I've just been stabbed in the chest. The ache almost takes my breath away.

Suddenly the overly loud sound of a ringtone breaks through the quiet in the room. Phana releases me, but gives me a cold glare. He tries to regulate his breathing as he answers his phone. "Hello, N'Yo, are you on your way to the event?" His voice is still gruff, but he is trying to soften it.

Even though I can hear Phana's half of the conversation, I can easily imagine Yo's side. "No there is nothing wrong here. Yes, Ai'Forth and I are having a discussion. Yes, I'm angry, but we're working it out. Er, er, er, you don't need to come here, everything is ok. Look, just enjoy your event and I'll be there soon, ok. Na, bye."

Feeling lost, I don't understand what is happening. But it sounds like Yo doesn't know Pha is his mate yet. "He doesn't know?"

"Of course, not!" Pha sneers at me. "He won't be 18 for another 4 months. Our families and I decided we want him to realize on his own. So, I need you to back off."

My eyes stare at the floor, while my mind is spinning. "I understand," and I do understand. If Yo was my mate, there's no way I would tolerate another alpha male around who had feelings for him. "But Phana, you'd better take care of him, because if you hurt him, I'll hurt you. Do you understand?"

Phana nods, "Yes," then leaves the room.

09.21.2017

Edited:  02.18.2017   10:09 am  US CST