CH 49: Last Minute Preparations

WAYO'S POV

When we got in last night, we only spent about 30 minutes with my dad before the four of us headed up to bed. We were all worn out from school and the drive. Plus, we needed to rest up because we knew Saturday was going to be a long day.

The bed is warm and comfortable, but it didn't stop me from waking up early this morning. I know I have a lot to do today, but I still don't want to drag myself from bed. Pha is still asleep under me, and I take a few minutes to just look at him. He is so handsome.

Realizing I have no more time to waste, I try to wake him, "P'Pha it's time to wake up." I kiss his cheek. "P'Pha...?" I kiss his forehead. "P'Pha, come on there's lots to do today." I lean in to give him a peck on the lips, but he grabs me and rolls me under him for blistering kiss that leaves me breathless.

When I regain awareness of my surroundings, I realize Pha is standing beside the bed looking down at me, smiling. "Come on sleepy head it's time to get out of bed."

"P'Pha!" I yell and pout, but I can't hold it. I end up just laughing at his antics.

"Come on. We have a busy day, let's take a shower." He gives me a sexy smirk and holds out his hand.

--------------------

As we're coming down the stairs I see my dad sitting at one of the dining tables. "Daddy!" I head towards him for a hug.

"Good morning, son, Nong Phana. Sit, eat."

"Daddy, I'll grab something to eat in the kitchen. I need to go and see how the arrangements for the party are coming along."

"Wayo, it's your party, let others worry about it today. Sit with me?" My dad is pouting now. That's not becoming on a grown man, but at least I know where I get it from.

"Daddy, you know that's not going to work on me. Now just sit with P'Pha and eat your breakfast and I'll check on you around lunchtime." I give him a kiss on the cheek, then run off to the kitchen.

--------------------

PACK ALPHA PANITCHAYASAWAD POV (WAYO'S DAD)

"And there goes my ever-obedient son." I heave a sigh and look at Phana. "This is what you have to look forward to Nong."

"I'm very aware that Yo has a stubborn streak, sir." Phana tells me with a smile.

"Well at least you're here to sit with me and eat." Phana joins me and fills his plate. "Tell me about school. How are your classes going?"

"Well, sir..."

--------------------

WAYO'S POV

It seems like everything is coming along fine in the kitchen, but they're running a bit behind. I jump in and start helping the others with the preparations immediately. I want everything to be perfect.

I've missed this over the last few months. Being here with my pack and my dad. I never need to worry what people think of me here. My pack loves me and I love them. They know I'll always do my best for them. I'm their Luna after all. Well not officially yet, but close enough.

The entire pack was suffering from the huge hole in our lives the loss of my mother left behind when she passed away. My dad desperately needed help leading the pack, so I began quietly taking on some of the responsibilities of Luna just a few months afterwards. Someone had too. By the time I was 13, I had completely taken over the role and I never regretted it for an instance. I loved caring for my pack members and taking care of the household. I always felt a huge sense of accomplishment when everyone around me was happy and healthy.

Looking around me now, I feel nothing but happiness, acceptance and peace. I'm so overjoyed to be home and I want everyone to know it. I share out what I'm feeling along our pack bonds, and watch as people pause what they're doing and smile at me and each other.

Kamon, the lovely older woman across the counter from me laughs and says, "N'Wayo, we're happy you're home with us too. We've missed you."

--------------------

PACK ALPHA PANITCHAYASAWAD POV (WAYO'S DAD)

There's a smile on my face as I look towards the kitchen where I know my son is.

"Sir, is there something wrong."

Refocusing on Phana at his question, I reply, "Hmm? No, nothing. Why?"

"You seemed to drift off for a few seconds and you're rubbing your chest."

"Oh, well... you don't feel that? No? Wayo must be sharing only along the pack bond right now. He's letting the pack know how happy he is to be home." I smile at Phana. "It's a heady feeling."

"Oh." Phana doesn't seem to like being left out. I want to laugh but I keep a straight face so I don't hurt the feelings of my soon to be son-in-law.

"Not too much longer, Nong. We'll induct you into the pack before you and Wayo go back to school." This seems to pacify him a little. "Shall we go and check on the preparations outside since Wayo is busy in the kitchen?"

"Of course, sir."

--------------------

PHANA'S POV

The rest of the morning passes swiftly. I don't see much of Yo though. I'm only able to catch glimpses of him as he runs around taking care of all the final arrangements.

Forth and Beam arrive around lunchtime. Ming and I greet them and get them settled into a room, before heading back downstairs to watch as the controlled chaos continues.

"Where's Yo and Kit?" Forth ask looking around trying to spot them.

"Yo has been running around like a crazy person all day and as soon as we came downstairs this morning he dragged Kit off with him to help." Ming states grumpily. I know he's missing Kit, but I also know they have been talking through their link all morning. I think he's cranky now though because Kit told him to quit bothering him because they were busy.

"I believe they're in the kitchens right now. They're trying to finish getting everything ready for the party."

"I'm going to find them." Beam tells Forth before he walks off.

Forth smiles at Beam's retreating back. "I hope Yo can help him take an interest in domestic tasks. Beam needs to start his Luna training at some point." He sighs and looks over at me. "My mother is basically foaming at the mouth to get underway, but I think Beam would feel more comfortable with Yo. Plus, I think Yo would be a good influence on him too. Do you think he would be willing to help?"

"I don't see why not, but you'll definitely need to ask Yo to confirm it."

"I'll wait till the semester is over. We all just have too much going on right now. I should probably talk to Beam about it first too, so I don't end up sleeping on the couch for making plans without his input."

The three of us laugh and head over to the dining area to grab lunch.  

-------------------

A/N:

Party starts next chapter! Yay!

News: This story hit over 20K reads yesterday!!!  (Don't think I didn't notice that the smutty chapters have way more reads than the normal chapters!!) I'll take it as a compliment... 55555!    

THANK YOU everyone for your support and encouraging comments.  <3 <3 

10.18.2017

Edited:  04.01.2018   1:51 pm  US CST