CH 33: That Was Interesting

MING'S POV

When I walk in the restaurant, I spot Phana start moving towards his table. From the background checks I ran, I know the names and basics about the two guys with him, but now I'll get the chance to look them over in person.

Beam is the dark haired one on the left and Kit is the one with reddish hair on the right. I run my gaze across them, but it stutters to a halt on Kit and I can't seem to look away. As I get closer an overpowering scent hits me and I stumble to a halt in the middle of the restaurant. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath, and in my mind my wolf howls out one word – MATE. I open my eyes and they lock onto the boy who is now standing looking at me too. I begin quickly walking towards him again.

Beam is saying something to my mate and he reaches out to touch his arm as I arrive at the table. I slap his hand away and growl, "Mine!" Beam just looks at me in shock.

My eyes land on Kit and lock in recognition. "Mine. Mate." I growl out at him. He smells so fucking good. My heart is pounding in my chest. I reach out to touch him to make sure he's real. His skin is so soft when I brush my fingers across his face.

"Fuck!" Kit's looks angry but his Adam's apple bobs several times as he nervously swallows. He nods his head and in a shaky voice answers, "Yes... yours."

My wolf howls inside my head in triumph and I grab Kit's hand and start pulling him out of the restaurant. I have barely enough restraint left to know that I need to get him somewhere private to claim him.

Beam yells through his laughter at our retreating backs, "Kit's place is closer."

Walking to my car, I pull the door open for him, so he can climb in. Then I slam it and walk to the other side. I turn to him after I climb in, "Where is your room?"

-------------------

PHANA'S POV

Beam looks across the table at me, "Well that was interesting. I think our poor Kitty will be the bottom in that relationship." He lets out a laugh.

"That was definitely unexpected." I agree wondering what's going to happen now.

Ming is Yo's Guardian, but it looks like he's going to be closeted for a few days with Kit.

"Well, I guess this meeting isn't going to happen." I say and Beam just snickers.

--------------------

I want to surprise Yo since I'm getting back early, so I don't let him know I'm coming. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I might be jealous and I want to barge in and check on him and Forth unexpectedly. Nope it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

When I arrive, I use my key to unlock the door. I quickly kick off my shoes and walk into the room to find... nothing going on. Forth is watching a movie on Yo's computer and Yo is taking a nap on the bed.

Forth puts his finger to his lips and shushes me. He whispers, "He hasn't been asleep very long."

I'm starting to feel slightly guilty for the way I've been acting towards Forth. I know what kind of person he is, I've known him over half my life. Pointing between Forth and myself, I motion towards the balcony. He understands and moves with me outside.

After sliding the door closed, I start with, "Ai'Forth, I want to say I appreciate your help watching over Yo. I may have been acting like an ass lately, but I hope you can understand and look past it."

Forth chuckles, "May have been? How about totally have been." He gives me a smile to take the sting out of the words. "Ai'Pha I'll be honest with you, I've cared deeply for Yo since we were kids, that is no secret. But now that I know he's your mate I'll respect that bond. Can we put this behind us?"

"Yes, I think we can." I say as I offer him a genuine smile.

We both lean on the balcony railing for a moment in silence.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you what happened. Ming found his mate. It's my friend Kit. Ming walked in to the restaurant. Told Kit he was his. Kit agreed, and they left together."

"Well, that's one way to do it." He chuckles. "I'm happy for him. Wait, doesn't that mean Ming won't be around for a few days? What are you going to do about Yo this week?"

"I'm not sure, Ming's usually with him in the evenings. I'm not in till late most nights."

"Do you need my help until Ming gets back?"

Giving Forth a look and smile, I say, "Yes, friend, I think I'll need your help."

--------------------

WAYO'S POV

While waiting for Pha to get home, I took a quick nap. When I woke up, I saw him and Forth were coming in from the balcony. They were both smiling. I'm glad they're smiling together again.

Forth said his goodbyes and Pha came to sit next to me on the bed and tell me his good news.

"What?! I-I don't understand P'Pha. What did you just say?"

"Ming found his mate, it's Kit."

"Wow, P'Pha that's amazing. Where are they? I want to congratulate them. Maybe I should just text..."

"Shorty, they're probably a little busy right now, don't you think?" Pha has a smirk on his face.

Thinking about it, I can feel my cheeks start to burn. Geez, I'm so embarrassed, "Of course they're b-b-busy right now, I don't know what I was thinking."

"You were just happy for your friend. It's fine. I'm sure we'll see them in a few days and you can congratulate them both then, na?" Pha is smiling at me.

"Sure, that's fine... wait, a couple of days?"

This makes Pha laugh out loud while he reaches over and ruffles my hair.

--------------------

A/N:

How did you like that tease? Okay, Okay, don't mutiny on me yet.  :-P

The next 2 chapters are ALL MingKit. I'll release the next chapter in 2-3 hours. I just need to double check and finish editing it.

Love ya! Mean it!

10.03.2017

Edited:  03.25.2018   10:01 pm  US CST