CH 32: Do We Have a Choice?

PHANA'S POV

When I woke up this morning there were text messages from Kit, Beam, and Ming waiting for me. The guys wanted to meet for lunch to finish our conversation from last night, and Ming simply told me it was time for him to meet my friends.

There was no getting out of these conversations. My friends still expected answers from me about Yo, and Ming wanted to look my friends over now that their opinions mattered to Yo. I didn't begrudge him that, but I also didn't want my friends to be judged for having their own opinions. As I had already informed Ming, while their opinions mattered, they changed nothing between me and Yo.

Responding to my friends first, I told them to meet me at noon. Then I texted Ming to join us at 2pm. Ming replied immediately asking my preference on who should watch over Yo since we would both be gone for a while.

Ming: Forth?

Pha: What? NO!

Ming: Is there someone else we trust? You might not like him, but he'll always protect Yo.

Pha: FINE! But I want to talk to him first.

Ming: Come to my room at 11am.

--------------------

Currently, Yo and I are watching a movie on his laptop, but when I glance at my watch, I realize I need to go. He knows I'm meeting Kit and Beam, and he's nervous although he's trying not to show it.

"Babe, it's time for me to head out. I'll be back this afternoon. If I'm going to be later than 4pm, I'll call you. Oh, by the way, there's someone whose been wanting to see you and I thought this would be the perfect chance." Damn, those words tasted bitter coming out of my mouth.

"Who, P'Pha?"

Tweaking his nose, I say, "If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise. They'll be here soon, so you'll see then, ok?"

He gives me a nod and I lean in to give him a kiss goodbye.

--------------------

After a cursory knock on Ming's door, I go ahead and walk in since he's expecting me. I find him and Forth waiting for me.

Looking at Ming, I ask, "You've already talked to him about today?" He nods.

"Did you tell him about last night with Park?" Ming and I had already decided we would only tell Forth about Park grabbing and threatening Yo and not the full story. If Yo wants to tell him more he can, but I doubt he will. He doesn't want to discuss it at all right now.

"No, I was waiting for you to get here."

Forth buts in, "What happened last night."

Forth is outraged when I explain about the club and Park's actions. He looks between me and Ming before asking, "Did you kill him?"

Giving him a shocked look, fake of course, I reply, "No, that would upset Yo if he found out." Now I smile wolfishly at him, "We'll quietly take care of him soon, don't worry. We'll even invite you to help."

"Good." Forth is wearing a satisfied smile on his face now.

"So, back to Yo. I would prefer if you didn't take him out, he's feeling insecure right now. He trusts you so he might talk to you about it, but I doubt it. Don't push him. You should order in for lunch and I'll be back before dinner."

When he nods in understanding, Ming and I turn to leave, but when I reach the door I turn back, "Yo has missed you. I know you two have been close in the past, and I don't want to limit your friendship with him. But Ai'Forth, please keep in mind that Yo is MY mate."

Forth snorts and says sarcastically, "I hardly think you're going to let me forget, Ai'Pha."

-------------------

The guys are waiting for me at the restaurant and we talk over lunch. I know they're worried about what could happen, but those things don't matter to me.

"Stop! I've listened to enough of what might happen from you two, but it doesn't change anything? I have listened to your opinions and thoughts, so now you'll listen to me."

After giving them both a hard look, they shut their mouths. "Yo is my mate. That fact is not changeable. The Moon Goddess gifted him to me and I will NOT give him up. Not for any reason. You two are my friends, do not make me choose between our friendships and Yo." I let that threat dangle in the air for a second before continuing in a softer tone, "Please just support us, both of us."

I know my friends are angry with me. I also know they don't get it, because they haven't found their mates yet. They haven't felt how your world and all your priorities shift when you find that person. They may not like it and they may not understand, but before we leave this restaurant they will get the message that Yo is the most important person in my life now.

Beam is still aggravated with me though. "Damn it Ai'Pha, you're not giving us much choice." He looks over at Kit and Kit just shrugs. So, he just throws his hands up, "Fine, fine, do whatever you want."

"Good. Now Ming will be here in a few minutes, he wants to meet you."

"Why does he need to meet us?" Kit asks grumpily.

"Because, acting the way you both are right now, you pose a threat to Yo's state of mind. Ming wants to make sure he can trust you around Yo. If he feels like he can't, we'll work out something else."

"Wait! What do you mean? If he says we can't be around Yo, you're just going to what? Listen to him, and what? Stop being friends with us?" Kit is outraged.

"No, we won't stop being friends, but I'll limit our time together to when Yo isn't around. Look guys, you're angry and scoffing at me now, but consider if it was your mate that your friends might hurt?"

"We wouldn't do anything to hurt Yo." Beam bites out.

"You might not physically, but that's not the only way to hurt someone, is it?" I look at them meaningfully.

"Yo will know how you feel about him. He'll know if you are distrustful of him, or worse afraid of him. He was already completely rattled last night and Beam, your questions made him insecure about the three of us. He's afraid if people know what he can really do, they'll treat him differently. I don't want those insecurities to be a part of his daily life, so yes, I'll let Ming who knows him best, assess you and the risks you might pose. If you don't agree, you can leave now, but I'll have to limit our friendships from here on out." I pause at the sound of my phone notification.

"Ai'Asshole, you're not leaving us much choice!" Beam cusses at me.

"Ming's here." I look at them both. "Guys I don't want to lose either of you, so please work with us, ok."

They both reluctantly agree, "Fine."

10.02.2017 

Edited:  03.25.2018   9:58 pm  US CST