CH 9: Preparations for Departure

WAYO'S POV

The last week was incredible and I spent it wandering around in a complete daze of happiness. The pack house was a giddy place to be for all pack members right now. I couldn't completely control the leakage of my emotions, or to be more honest, I wasn't trying all that hard. I had limited it to the radius around the pack house though. I wanted everyone near me to feel as happy as I felt.

My father had called for Ming and me to come to his office and we were headed there now. We wai to the 2 guards outside my father's office door and they open it, letting us in.

As always, my father is in his chair behind his desk. He looks up and acknowledges our wais. Skipping over to his side, I throw my arms around his neck, giving him a big hug. He chuckles and hugs me back.

"Hello, daddy. Isn't it a beautiful day? How are you today? Have you eaten yet? It's already past lunch time, you know."

"Hmm, well, where to start?" My dad says with a smirk. "Today is lovely, I'm fine, I've eaten, and yes I know it's after lunch. I certainly don't need to ask how you are today. We all already know."

"Sorry, daddy." I say with a small pout, but I don't mean it since the happiness is still pouring out of me.

"Sure, you are," my dad says sarcastically. "Take a seat, boys. I want to talk to you about college, my expectations, and the conditions you must adhere to for you to stay there, Wayo. Now, don't give me that look you knew there would be conditions and safety precautions you must follow."

Heaving a sigh, I try to clear the frown from my face. Yes, of course, I knew there would be rules and conditions, but I've been trying to forget about them. "I know. I'm sorry, please continue."

"Let's start with the basics," my father begins. "Wayo, I've obtained for you a dorm room on campus in a secured building. Ming, your dorm room is right next door to Wayo's. I've also purchased a car, so Ming will be able to drive the both of you anywhere you need to go. You're both in different majors, but outside of class time, Ming, I expect you to still take care of Wayo."

"Dad, I'm not a little kid anymore!"

"Na, na, I know you're not, however you're still my only child, and need I remind you, an Omega? If you cannot cope with this small thing, how will you handle the rest of my conditions? Would you rather stay here on pack lands? I'd certainly prefer that."

Looking at my dad, I immediately understand there will be no negotiations on his conditions if I want to go. I will have to follow every rule, or he will pull me back home. Releasing another heavy sigh, I concede, "Of course I want to go. I'll follow your requirements, I promise, but could you let me live life a little, dad?"

"Wayo, I'm not trying to restrict you. I'm just trying to keep you safe. Surely you know that."

"I know."

"Fine, to continue..." My dad told us everything he expected from us and everything he thought we needed to know. It actually wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be.

30 minutes later... "Alright we're almost done. You'll be attending school with quite a few people you already know. Most of the packs in the area send their kids to this college. Actually, I chose your dorm building on recommendations from both Alpha Jamornhun and Alpha Kongthanin because their sons, Nong Forth and Nong Phana, live there. About 30% of the building residents are from neighboring packs."

This is good news. No, this is great news! This news makes me smile. I'd get to spend time with P'Forth and P'Pha at college. Plus, I know having both of them there, along with so many other wolves we know probably reassured my father about letting me go.

My father continues, "Wayo while there are other wolves in Biology, there are none you have closely associated with, so I want you to meet the other wolves in as much of a controlled environment as possible for the 1st time. I've talked to Forth and Phana and they're working with N'Ming, about setting something up. N'Ming, you'll be attending Engineering school with Nong Forth and several other boys you know from the packs close by."

My father looks at both of us and dismisses us, "Alright boys, go finish packing. You'll leave tomorrow, so you can get settled into your dorms before school starts."

--------------------

PACK ALPHA PANITCHAYASAWAD POV (WAYO'S DAD)

The boys leave my office and I pick up the phone to make a call. After a couple of rings, "Hello."

"Yes, hello Alpha Jamornhun, it's Alpha Panitchayasawad. I just wanted to check one last time that Nong Forth still plans to meet the boys at the dorm tomorrow to help settle them."

"Yes, of course, my son is looking forward to seeing both of the boys again. I know he's missed Wayo a lot since he hasn't been able to make it home since his birthday last year."

"Wayo has missed him too." I pause before saying what's on my mind, "I know I've said this before, but I think I might have been almost as disappointed as Nong Forth when we found out he wasn't Wayo's mate last year. I had high hopes, since they have such a close bond."

Alpha Jamornhun releases a sad sigh, "Trust me your disappointment could not have rivaled my sons. He was controlled while he was there, but once we got home, he was a mess. He was so hopeful. He cares for Nong Wayo so much. I know it's the Moon Goddess' will and no one can change it, but it hurt him deeply. I believe school has been good for him though. It's kept him busy and he needed the distance to refocus his feelings and open his mind and heart to others. He hasn't found his mate, but he's still young and has plenty of time."

"I'm glad to hear everything is going well for him. Then, I will tell the boys in the morning Nong Forth will meet them at the dorms. Thank you, again old friend, for all your help and support on this college matter. It means so much to Wayo to go, but... I almost couldn't allow it. He's been on pack lands since he was born. He's never seen the world of humans and he doesn't know what they're capable of doing. He's been so sheltered, I worry for him."

"Old friend, I don't know how to ease your heart, but I do want to tell you this. I worry for Nong Wayo too. His innocence and naivety, his laughter and warmth, even his looks and smell will draw others to want to be near him for good and bad reasons. Just keep in mind, over the years we've seen Wayo bring hundreds of wolves to their knees in seconds. He can protect not only himself but others too. He might not be an Alpha, but he is strong. If I were you, I would worry less about him and more about others who might consider him an easy target."

--------------------

A/N:

Ok, I thought we were going to get off pack lands in this chapter, but it will be the next one. I'm making my way quicker through writing the chapters than I thought I would, so I'll give a double update today (in a couple hours).

I hope everyone is liking the story, this is the first one I've written, so I'm still figuring things out. Thanks for reading! 

09.08.2017

Edited:  02.06.2018   8:58 pm  US CST