CH 43: Why We Can't Get Along

PHANA'S POV

When Tasha arrived to talk with Yo, she immediately asked Kit, Ming, and I to step out of the room. I looked to Ming, but he released a quiet snarl and took Kit's hand to led him to the hall outside Yo's bedroom door. Even though I didn't want to leave him, I had no choice but to follow. I wanted to ask Ming what was going on, but he just shook his head at me and we ended up waiting in silence.

After Tasha finally came out of Yo's room, her and Ming stared each other down for almost a full minute before she huffed and walked away. Ming watched her until she was out of sight, then hurried into Yo's room, leaving Kit and I wondering what was going on. When we follow him in, we find him sitting beside Yo on the couch with his arm wrapped around his shoulders talking to him quietly.

It's easy to tell Yo's been crying. His eyes are red and puffy and he's sniffling quietly. I'm confused over what just transpired, but obviously Ming is angry. Him and Tasha don't seem to like each other very much to say the least, but I'm not sure what the problem between them is.

After Ming and Kit leave, Yo's so tired he just wants to take a nap. I agree and help him get settled into bed. We cuddle for a while before he finally falls into a fitful sleep. He's restless right now but I don't feel anything out of the ordinary, so it seems he isn't leaking at all, which I take as a good sign.

However, I can't get the events of earlier out of my head. Knowing I won't rest until I talk to Ming, I head across the hall to his room. I have questions and I'm confused about the interaction between Tasha, Yo, and Ming. I feel like I'm missing something.

When I knock Ming answers the door and lets out an irritated laugh, before looking over at Kit, "See, I told you he'd be over soon." He doesn't seem to be in any better of a mood.

"N'Ming, I have questions."

"I'm sure you do. Come in and get comfortable."

He proceeds to tell me about the day he became Yo's Guardian and the many conflicts him and Tasha have had over the years about Yo. "I know training was necessary for him, but that bitch is just a bully. You cannot imagine the years of pain and stress he's gone through. All without complaint. I couldn't watch her actions during the trainings because she had me banned from them, but I was there at the end of every day and saw the aftermath."

"Are you saying you believe she hurt Yo on purpose?" I growl out because I'm getting angry.

"Without a doubt, she hurt him on purpose." I jump to my feet, but Ming is beside me and grabs my arm. "Let me finish." I nod and he pulls me to sit back down.

He takes a deep breath and releases it. "Look, I'm angry and biased. Tasha and I have only ever tolerated each other. We both have jobs to do and those jobs conflict with each other in extreme ways. She had to train Yo. Make him learn control. Make him stronger. Force him to go beyond the limits of what he thought he could do to find out what he was really capable of doing. She had to push him past his limits for years."

Ming sighs, "My job is simpler, to protect Yo from all harm. I'm sure she did the best she could, but she did cause Yo harm. Daily. I hated every minute of every training session Yo had to endure with her."

Kit wraps his arm around Ming's back while he talks, trying to offer him some comfort. Ming just looks at both of us, as he asks, "Can you understand now why we don't get along? Why we can never get along?"

--------------------

WAYO'S POV

When Pha leaves the bed, I wake up. I think he's just going to the bathroom, but then the door opens and closes quietly. He's obviously making an effort not to wake me, but where is he going? Focusing in on him, I lower the wall between our link. He feels confused, but otherwise ok.

Since I'm now awake, I get up to use the bathroom. As I'm crawling back in bed, Pha's anger rolls through my body like a heat wave. He's mad but it's still not too bad. I wait it out and he calms a little over the next few minutes.

Time passes as I lay there and just let Pha's emotions roll through me, but I don't know how much. He's quite volatile emotionally. Shifting from calm to angry in a heartbeat sometimes. So many emotions swirling around in him. I really love that I can go through those emotions with him and share mine back with him too. It makes me feel so much closer to him.

Happiness, love, anger, jealousy, desire – the good and the bad, I love feeling them all when they're his. I've always wanted walls between me and others, but I don't want them there with Pha.

Hearing the door open, I roll to face him as he walks into the room. He's getting undressed as he walks towards the bed. He's so tall and beautifully built. I simply lay there and admire the view he's providing me.

When he turns to the bed, he sees I'm awake and I feel his concern for me coat my senses, "Did I wake you?"

"No, P'. I was waiting for you. I heard you leave. Where did you go?"

"Next door to talk to Ming for a few minutes." He tells me as he crawls into bed, pulling me close. He gives me a chaste kiss on the forehead, then asks, "Are you doing ok, Shorty? Do you need anything?"

Feeling my face and neck becoming hot with what I think I'm 'needing', I decide I won't let that stop me. I climb over him straddling his hips, placing my hands on his chest. Leaning forward, I begin pressing butterfly kisses to his forehead, his eyes, his cheeks, and his nose. I pull back and look at him, he looks surprised by my actions, but he finally responds as he presses his lips gently to mine. I don't linger though as I trail kisses to his ear. Licking the shell, I then nibble on the lobe.

I glance back at Pha when I realize he is laying perfectly still with his eyes tightly closed. He's gritting his teeth and taking shallow breaths in and out. "P'Pha do you not like this?" I question in a soft voice. Maybe I was wrong thinking he would like what I was doing.

"Oh, Yo. I like it... maybe a little too much."

"Ok, good." I smile and push some of my happiness and desire for him down our link. I want him to know how much I need him.

He gasps out a breath when it hits him, and his eyes flash quickly when he looks me over. "Shorty, you're going to get yourself in trouble doing that."

I giggle, "P'Pha, I think I might like that."

--------------------

A/N:

Seriously fluffy. I like fluffy! Enjoy!   :-)

10.11.2017

Edited:  04.01.2018   10:10 am  US CST