CH 15: Planning for the Future

A/N: 

I'm posting this chapter a little early (hadn't planned to post it till tomorrow) as a reward to myself for finally finishing a truly troublesome future chapter I spent 3 days working through. Argh,  it completely stressed me out.  

Anyway, this is relatively short-ish chapter moving the story along, but I hope you enjoy it!

---------------------

PHANA'S POV

It's about 10:45am and I'm on my way to my father's office. Wayo's dad will be here soon and we'll begin discussing how to handle this situation.

Waiing to my father's guards as I pass them, they open the office door for me. Instead of being behind his desk, dad is sitting in one of the chairs in his seating area. I wai and take a seat across from him.

"Son, you look better this morning. Were you able to get any rest?"

"A little. My mind wouldn't sit still. It kept running in circles, but I did get a little sleep."

"Good, good. Alpha Panitchayasawad will be here soon and I don't really want to start the discussion without him, but I do want to tell you how happy I am for you. Nong Wayo is a wonderful boy and he will be a great Luna for you and the pack."

"Yes dad, thank you... What? What are you talking about?" I give my dad a confused look.

"I'm talking about Wayo's pack, The Shadowed Warriors. As Wayo's mate you'll become Alpha Panitchayasawad's successor. We've always known Wayo's mate would end up taking over as Alpha for his pack, while Nong Wayo would be Luna. It's what he's been trained for all these years, since finding out his Omega status. Honestly since his mother's death years ago, he's been acting as Luna of his pack and doing an impressive job of it, for one so young." My father pauses as he surveys my stunned face. "You look shocked, didn't you realize?"

"No, I guess I never thought about it that way." Now I had even more pressure than I thought. I'd have to eventually take over as Alpha of Wayo's pack after his dad stepped down. I wasn't trained to be a Pack Alpha, that was my older brother. This was another topic we'd have to discuss in the near future and we'd need to begin planning for it too.

--------------------

PACK ALPHA PANITCHAYASAWAD POV (WAYO'S DAD)

I was finally sitting across from the boy who would claim my Wayo. I'd been preparing for this day for a few years now. Looking Phana Kongthanin over, I was satisfied with what I saw.

"Well?" Alpha Kongthanin asks.

Smiling, I tell him, "Old friend, it gladdens my heart that I can call us family now. Your son seems to have the makings of a good Alpha. He'll need training, but I think he'll be good for the pack and Wayo."

Watching Phana, I see him release a heavy sigh of relief. I believe my inspection made him nervous. Although it was not like my approval or rejection would have made any difference. As long as Wayo is happy with this boy, then I'll be happy with him. It's as simple as that.

"N'Phana, I'm not here to dictate your plans. I'm to here advise on the best way to handle Wayo, to answer any questions you might have, and to begin to plan for the future." Pausing, I look at them both. "Now, let me hear your thoughts on how to make it through the next few months."

--------------------

PHANA'S POV

We sat and discussed all our options for the next few hours. Lunch was brought in, eaten, and we kept working and talking through our ideas. Not only about the next few months, but also about the next few years.

Alpha Panitchayasawad was fine with Yo and I staying in school to finish our educations, as long as I worked with Ming and took responsibility for Yo's safety. However, the concession was that we'd stay on Wayo's pack lands during breaks. This way I could start my Pack Alpha training with him, and he could spend time with Yo.

Yo's dad's help was considerable. The detailed tidbits of information he handed over about Wayo, would make my life much easier over the next few months. He also gave me plenty of suggestions on how to get on Ming's good side, since Ming was Wayo's gatekeeper.

During a lull in the discussion Alpha Panitchayasawad said, "Nong Phana, I have another suggestion for you. One that I would strongly recommend you taking. Would you be willing to hear it?"

"Yes, of course, Alpha"

"I'd advise you to meet with P'Tasha, an Omega from my pack, and undergo some training with her. She's the person who has supervised Wayo's training all these years. You'll need it to help you handle Wayo's mood shifts and emotional rushes. Also, it'll help you to keep your surface emotions under control. I've brought Tasha with me today in case you agreed. So, she'll be available to you."

Glancing at my father who shrugs his shoulders, I turn back to Alpha Panitchayasawad, "If you advise it, I'm willing. But can you explain what you mean more in depth?"

"Actually, I'm not the wisest person to ask regarding the workings of an Omegas training, but if you'd like to call for P'Tasha, I can explain my experiences with Wayo while we wait for her."

"Yes, I'll ask the guards to find her and request she join us."

09.13.2017

Edited:  02.12.2018   7:58 pm  US CST