CH 46: A Glimpse of the Future

WAYO'S POV

Beam, Kit and Ming all head back into Forth's room, but Pha stops me with a hand on my arm. He pulls me into a tight hug, as he whispers, "Thank you."

"P'Pha, I told you it was..." I try to explain, but he interrupts.

"Just a misunderstanding. I know. But, thank you anyway." He gives me a quick peck on the cheek then takes my hand and moves us both into Forth's room.

Forth is standing with Beam at his side and they're talking with Kit and Ming. He looks over when he sees us walk in and excuses himself to come greet us.

He shakes Pha's hand when he gets close and then holds out his arms for me, obviously offering a hug. I step close and wrap my arms around him. When I pull back I can see a smirk on Forth's face and an irritated look on Pha's. Pha quickly grabs my shoulder and pulls me back to his side.

Possessive much? Oh well, I don't really mind. I think he's kind of cute when he gets like this, but no way am I letting him know that.

"N'Yo, I heard you had a hard time because of me."

"P'Forth... it's my own fault. And it wasn't bad."

Beam interrupts, "What are you talking about? I heard Ming say that, but what did he mean by it? Why did Yo have a hard time because of you?" He's looking between me and Forth.

"P'Beam... uhm..." I'm looking at Forth and Ming and I'm not sure how to explain what happened. Beam and I just made up, I don't want to make him feel weird about me again so soon.

Thankfully, Pha steps in, "Why don't we table that conversation at least until after dinner? Are you two feeling up to it? Want to go out and grab some dinner with us?"

"Absolutely yes! Shit, I've been trapped in this room for three straight days with this guy having sex. Let's go!" Beam answers without hesitation as he moves towards the door. He looks around when he realizes we're all staring at him in various stages for shock and amusement.

"What?" He looks at Forth. "You don't want to go out?" Beam's starting to sound a little unsure.

"No, I want to go, it's... uh, just... look never mind, let's go." Forth tells him. They both walk to the entryway and put their shoes on before turning back and looking at us expectantly.

We all move out to the hall and head for the stairwell.

--------------------

PHANA'S POV

We picked a restaurant nearby so we could walk. I'm enjoying the food and spending time with my friends and lover. It's great to have us all talking together and joking around.

We're sitting at a square table taking up three sides with a couple on each side. I easily recognize how nice it is having the six of us back together. I didn't realize how much our strained relationships were weighing on me until just now. As I look over the members of our group, I relax and let my mind wander.

Ming is trying to feed Kit by hand, and Kit keeps pushing him away and yelling at him, but I can tell that he's enjoying the attention and care from Ming. Ming is very patient and never gives up until Kit gives in. Ming will be a strong Beta for our pack when he takes over for his father, and Kit is a good mate for him. Kit's presence will let him escape being serious and focused all the time.

Beam and Forth are sitting close together and exchanging tentative touches and glances. They both look happy if not quite comfortable with each other yet. I think they're making good progress though, and they'll be a strong mated pair in the future. I hate to admit it, but Forth will be a formidable Pack Alpha when he takes over for his father and he'll be a good ally to have in the future. Also, it might take a while since he has no training, but I believe Beam will settle into the role of Luna without too many problems. He'll have Yo and Kit close by to talk to and discuss problems with when needed.