CH 30: Insecurities

MING'S POV

There's a frantic banging on my door and I open it angrily, "What is going on out here?!"

My mood changes immediately though when I see Yo's tear streaked face as he runs inside past me. Slamming shut the door, I go to him and grab his shoulders, "Ai'Yo, what's wrong? What happened?"

He's not answering me, but as I look him over I notice the white bandage around his wrist. He was supposed to be in Phana's care. They were just going dancing. What the hell happened? I try to get him to talk to me again, "Yo, what is this bandage for? How did you get this?"

He just starts crying harder, and I realize I'm getting nowhere. I know I need to keep my cool right now, so I pause and take a deep breath then gather him to me for a hug. Sitting us on the couch together, I hold him and wait for him to calm a little before I ask him anymore questions.

After a few minutes, Yo finally starts talking in a small and stuttering voice about what happened that evening. When he gets to the confrontation with Park, my anger returns ten-fold. It looks like I underestimated that bastard. I'll remedy that error soon enough.

As he explains more, I can tell he was troubled by the confrontation with Park, but it seems he was more upset by Beam's questions afterwards. Beam, Kit, and Pha now have an idea of what Yo is truly capable of doing and there is no guessing how they're going to react.

Yo's anxiety levels are going through the roof and his insecurities are leaking all over me. I know what his concerns are, without him telling me. There the same as they've been since he was 10. No amount of talking has ever been able to convince him that others won't look at him like he was a monster if they find out what he can really do. His father, Tasha, and I have tried telling him for years, but only time and our unchanging feelings persuaded him that the three of us would never turn our backs on him.

It was one of the reasons he refused to try to protect himself most of the time. He didn't want others to know what he was capable of doing. I'm sure there would be no issues from Phana, but what about his friends? How would they act around Yo now? I need to have a conversation with Pha, but there is no way I can leave Yo like this.

Luckily, there's a knock on my door, and I know it has to Pha. Looking at Yo, I find him staring at the door with a fear and uncertainty in his eyes. I hate that look.

"Just wait for me here, Ok? I'll answer it and be right back." A shaky nod in return is my response.

Opening the door, I immediately step outside and shut it behind me. Pha is trying to look past me to catch a glimpse of Yo, but it's not going to be that easy.

"N'Ming, I need to talk to Yo."

Crossing my arms, I let him know my thoughts, "P'Pha, I don't think that's a good idea right now. I think it's best for you to back to your room tonight and Yo can stay here with me."

"What? Why? No." He refuses instantly.

"P'Pha, he's upset and afraid." I try to explain.

"Park isn't..."

Is he really this dense? What does Yo see in him? Slashing my hand through the air between, I cut him off. "He's not afraid of Park. He's scared to face you and your friends. He's afraid now that the three of you have a true idea of what he's capable of, all of you will think he's a freak, or worse be afraid of him. He's scared you'll leave him."

"N'Ming, that's not possible for me. You know I can't leave him. He's my mate."

"For you maybe not, but what about your friends? Can you make guarantees about them? If you can't, we have a problem." I'm not going to let strangers hurt Yo. It's not going to happen while he's under my care.

"Look, I plan on talking to my friends tomorrow, but I want Yo to come back to our room tonight. If he needs reassurances that I'm not running away, time apart from me is not going to help with that. Geez, let me at least talk to him. Let me try to convince him to go back with me."

Contemplating what he's asking I stand and think for a second before I somewhat agree, "You have one chance and Yo needs to tell me himself he wants to leave with you himself."

Pha just nods in agreement. I sigh, open the door, and let him walk past me into the room. Follow him in, I see Yo look at me like I'm a traitor. I know he doesn't understand and is hurt, but I have to give Pha this chance to convince him.

Kneeling on the floor beside the couch where Yo's sitting, I watch as Pha talks quietly to him. I stand and wait patiently for the outcome. This is a decision Yo needs to make for himself.

After about 10 minutes, Pha holds Yo's hand and pulls him up from the couch. He gives him a tight hug, then they start walking towards me. Pausing when they reach me, Pha stands Yo in front of him, so I can talk to him easily.

"Are you ready to go back to your room with P'Pha?"

In return I get a hesitant, "Yes."

Lifting his chin, I make him look at me, so I can be certain. "You can stay here with me if you want. You don't have to go."

"Thank you Ai'Ming, but I think I'm ok now." He tells me in a slightly stronger voice.

"Alright," He's made his decision and I'm proud of him. Turning, I open the door for them to leave.

I'm not letting this matter get out of hand. Pha said he is going to talk to his friends tomorrow. I think I need to be part of that conversation. 

It's time I personally meet Pha's friends.  

--------------------

A/N:

Sorry about the short chapter, I'll make it up to ya'll in the next one. 😊

You'll get another double update today. I'll release the next chapter in a few hours, after I finish editing it.

Let me know what you think by leaving comments and voting.

10.01.2017

Edited:  03.25.2018  2:59 pm  US CST