CH 58: Rescued

PHANA'S POV

Yo's voice in my head, makes me stumble to a halt. "Yo's awake."

We were walking to get into position around the house, but everyone comes to a stop and turns to me, waiting for more info. "He sounds awful. Groggy and says he's having a hard time breathing." I pause as I talk to Yo, then my head jerks up and I stare at the guys. "We have to hurry, Park's in the room with him."

P'Yut takes off at a jog and we all follow. He's talking quietly into a radio in his hand and I assume he's positioning his men around the house. Our entry point is the back of the property. Once we enter the home, there is a set of stairs as soon as you walk in, leading up to the bedrooms.

Our goal is Yo. If we encounter any of Park's men we'll take them out, but our main goal is to get Yo and get out. P'Yut's men will take care of the rest. Well except for Park, if they find him, it's a capture and hold order. I need him alive, at least until I can get my hands on him.

Ming and Forth were unable to convince Beam and Kit to wait across the street, but they did convince them to hang back just a little bit and come in behind us. The lame excuse: they were medical students, they could help one of us if we ended up getting hurt. They didn't like it. That's an understatement, they hated it, but they did it anyway.

We reach the back yard and don't pause, Ming, Forth and I rush the door. It's not even locked, so we enter the house easily. We can hear noise coming from the front of the building now where P'Yut's men have joined the assault.

I'm just a step ahead of Forth and Ming as I rush up the stairs to get to Yo.

--------------------

PARK'S POV

While I'm standing in the room with Yo, thinking about how much I'm going to enjoy breaking him, I hear a commotion coming from outside. The bedroom door is jerked open by the guard, who tells me, "Boss, there are armed strangers attacking our men outside. We're outnumbered, and I don't know how long we can hold them off. We need to get out of here, now."

"Shit, how did they find us?" It doesn't matter, we need to get out of here. I grab the knife from my pocket and cut the rope tying Yo to the bed. Pulling the IV from his arm, I pick up his limp body and carry him from the room. I should have a little time before his current dosage wears off, so he should stay unconscious for now.

Moving out to the hall, I start heading to the stairs at the front of the house. The van is on this side of the building, and if I have to use it to transport Yo.

As I reach the end of the hall, I hear noise behind me and turn to see Phana and his friends emerge from the back stairwell. Looking at the guard with me, I order him, "Stop them," then turn to rush down the stairs.

--------------------

PHANA'S POV

Yo is fading in and out in my head. I think they screwed up the drugs they were using to keep him unconscious. We need to get to him fast, because he needs a doctor.

Hitting the top of the stairs, I look down the hall and see Park with Yo hung over his shoulder. He says something to the guy with him then takes off down the front stairwell.

His man turns and starts walking down the hall towards us. I look at Ming and Forth, "Can you take care of him? I need to get to Yo."

Forth steps forward, "I've got this. Both of you go get Yo back." He then heads down the hall towards the guard. When Forth engages him, Ming and I slip past them down the hall.

Ming does slow for just a second to slam his foot into the back of the attacker's knee, before catching up to me. As he runs, he's yelling behind him at Forth, "Don't say I've never gave you a gift, P'."

When I start down the stairs, I see Forth is finishing off his opponent quickly. He'll be catching up to Ming and me soon, no doubt.

--------------------

WAYO'S POV

Bouncing along on Park's shoulder, I'm hardly able to catch a breath. My mind's a blur and I feel like I'm going to throw up. As Park takes us towards a set of stairs, I catch a glimpse of Pha, Ming and Forth. They're really here for me.

Park saw them too, I guess, because he says something to the guard with us and begins moving at a fast pace down the stairs. When we reach the bottom of the stairs, I see a door and Park heads for it.

---------------------

PHANA'S POV

Park runs out of the house, but carrying Yo is slowing him down. Ming and I aren't far behind now. We exit the house maybe 30 seconds behind them. It's complete chaos outside. Men are yelling and fighting all over the yard. Kit and Beam are running towards us from the backyard and Park is trying to escape with Yo.

He's loading him into a van not far away, and just as he's standing up, I finally catch him. I grab his shoulder, spin him around, and slam my fist into his face. As he falls, I follow him down. We're struggling on the ground throwing punches at each other.

Ming ends our fight by simply walking up and slamming his booted foot into Park's temple. Park goes limp under me but neither me nor my wolf are satisfied with that. I'm straddling his body, throwing punch after punch. I'm growling and snarling, my wolf is so close to breaking free.

Feeling something pulling at me, I look up. Beam is jerking on my arms, trying to pull me off Park, "Pha! Pha! Forget him, Yo needs you." He's yelling at me over and over.

His words finally sink in and I glance to the side and see Yo lying on the floor of the van. Kit has his head in his lap and is trying to wake him.

Scrambling across the ground, I head over to them. Yo's breathing is erratic, and he's fading in and out of consciousness. I can't take my eyes off the bruise on his right cheek or the raw, blistered skin around his wrists.

Kit is snapping his fingers in front of my face, calling my name. "What?" I snarl.

"I think he has a concussion and the drugs they were giving him... I-I think he needs a doctor, now."

"P'Yut, said there's a small hospital close by we can use. Let's go." Ming climbs into the driver's seat of the van.

Beam kicks Park in the ribs as he walks past, "What about him."

"P'Yut will take care of him till we can return to finish what we started. Everyone in! We need to go."

Picking Yo up carefully, I cradle him in my arms, as Beam and Forth climb into the van with us.

10.27.2017

Edited:  04.04.2018   9:37 pm  US CST