CH 17: Pre-Dinner Conversations

WAYO'S POV

Forth just called to ask me to hang out tonight, "No, I can't tonight P. Ming and I have plans with Pha!"

"Oh, what are you going to do?" Forth casually asks.

"We're going to dinner to catch up since he couldn't come to the event on Friday."

"Ok, Nong. See you later."

"Bye P."

Hanging up the phone, I look around at the outfits laying out on the bed. I'm trying to pick something to wear to dinner tonight, when there is a knock on my door. Ming is standing there when I open it.

"Ai'Ming, you're here early. You're already set to go?"

"No, I've decided not to go tonight. There are a few things I need to get done, so you and Pha can go to dinner alone." He looks me over. "You're not ready yet?"

"Nope, I can't figure out what to wear. Help me, ok?"

Ming kicks off his shoes and comes in to look at the outfits I've laid out on the bed. "Hmm, I don't think any of these will work." Ming states disdainfully.

"Why not?" They all look fine to me.

"What if he takes you someplace a little nicer, all of these are too casual." He walks to my closet and starts filtering through my clothes. "Ah, here this is outfit perfect." He hands me a pink button-down shirt and a pair of denim skinny jeans. Heading into the bathroom and getting dressed, when I look in the mirror I must admit I look pretty nice.

Hearing my phone notification sound, I run out of the bathroom to check it. Pha sent me a text letting me know he's changing clothes now and he'll be here to pick me up in a few minutes.

When I turn to Ming, I have a big smile on my face. "He said he'll be here in a few minutes."

"Do you want me to wait with you or are you good by yourself?"

"I'm good." I let him know.

"Ok, then. Have fun tonight." Ming gives me a little wave and heads towards the door, steps into his shoes and is gone, pulling the door shut behind him.

--------------------

PHANA'S POV

Someone's knocking at my door, and when I open it, I find Ming there. "Come in. I'm just now finishing getting ready. Weren't we meeting upstairs in Yo's room."

"You were, but I've decided not to go."

"What? What do you mean you're not going?" Ming has to go. What if I can't handle it alone? He needs to be there.

Ming looks me over, "P'Pha you'll be fine tonight, because you have to be. I won't be around all the time to take care of Yo, so you'll need to step in and help. Unless, you'd prefer I leave him in Forth's care."

Unconsciously, a snarl escapes me at the mention of Forth's name. I'm still upset over Yo's dad's description of their relationship and what Forth might want from it.

"By that reaction, I take it Alpha Panitchayasawad must have said something to you about their friendship."

"He said something to me alright."

"I'm not sure exactly what he told you and I don't want to cover the same ground, but I do believe you're going to need to say something to Forth soon about Yo being your mate. From what I can tell he's definitely trying to get Yo into bed, and you need to nip that in the bud as soon as possible."

Without a doubt, I'll say something to Forth soon. I'm just not sure I want to tell him Yo is my mate. Yet.

Ming changes the subject by asking, "Where are you taking him for dinner?"

Crap, I didn't think about that, "I'm not sure, I was going to ask..."

"Sushi." Ming interrupts.

"Are you sure?" I ask doubtfully.

"Yep." He nods his head then glances at his watch, "Ok, I've got to go. Remember that Yo has a midnight curfew that he must meet."

"Yes, his father explained the rules he expects us to follow."

Ming turns to leave, but stops before he opens the door, "P'Pha please remember that this is Yo and not just your mate. Although he's been very sheltered, he is not as innocent as he looks. Trust me, I made sure of that." He says with a mischievous smirk. "Just keep him out of trouble, ok?"

His words and smile make my mind wander, but I reply with, "I will, N'Ming."

"Good, I'll see you two back here before midnight. One of you let me know when you arrive, alright?"

Nodding at him, he offers me a wai then leaves.

-------------------

Climbing the stairs to the fifth floor, I walk down the hall to Yo's room. The closer I get to his room the stronger his scent is. Standing in front of his door, I'm almost overwhelmed by it. After giving myself a minute and taking several deep breaths to try to adjust, it seems like I have it under control, so I go ahead and knock.

Yo pulls the door open immediately and grabbing my hand, pulls me into his room. Stumbling to a halt just inside the doorway, I find myself encircled by Yo's arms. Softly he tells me, "P'Pha, I've missed you so much."

My arms slowly wrap around him and I nuzzle against the top of his head. "I missed you too, Shorty."

Yo huffs out a disgruntled breath, "Shorty? P'Pha I'm 178 cm tall now."

"Yeah, well, you're still shorter than me. So, you're still my Shorty." I'm still holding him tight. I can't seem to force myself to break away from his hug. Sure, I've hugged Yo before but now I'm holding my mate in my arms for the first time.

Glancing down at my mate, I notice that Yo is snuffling against my chest. He's sniffing me. He's so cute! He looks up at me while I'm looking down, and our noses are just inches apart. I'm tempted to lean down and kiss him. His pink lips and small mouth are so close and so tempting.

Just when I think I can't resist anymore, Yo says quietly, "P'Pha your scent is different. You smell really yummy tonight."  

--------------------

A/N:

This chapter and the next were fun to write. I love Pha x Yo interactions. I think they're just so cute together.

I'm finishing up editing the next chapter, and might get it posted tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoys them as  much as I do!

09.14.2017

Edited:  02.12.2018   9:27 pm  US CST