CH 50: Let's Party

Pausing what I'm doing, I look around the kitchen in satisfaction. I think I've done everything I can at this point, to help make sure we're ready for the party.

"N'Wayo, you need to go get ready. Me and the others can complete the rest on our own. We don't want you to be late for your own party after all." Kamon smiles at me.

"Thank you, P'Kamon. We've gotten so much accomplished together today. Thank you everyone for your hard work." I wai to everyone and release an emotional burst to let them know how proud I am of them for all their hard work, causing several of the younger girls to blush and giggle quietly.

Kamon claps her hands sharply, "Alright ladies, back to work. As for you, young man, quit being so cute. Now, go on and shoo, and take your friends with you."

Spotting Beam and Kit who are waiting nearby, I move towards them but glance back at Kamon. I give her another wai, then say, "Thank you again, P'Kamon. I'll entrust the rest to you. See you later."

Gathering Beam and Kit as I head out of the kitchen, I also thank them, "You were both a big help today. Thank you, guys." I smile at them. "I need to go and get cleaned up, P'Kit you probably need to also. P'Beam do you want to come up with us or will you go back and join the others?"

"I'll go and join Forth. He's been pining for me for a while now, but I've been ignoring him. He can be so needy sometimes." Beam might sound tough, but I can feel his satisfaction at Forth missing him.

--------------------

It's 3pm and people are starting to arrive. Pack leadership and their mates are responsible for the receiving line, so my father, Ming's parents, Ming, Kit, and I are out front welcoming the guests. We're all shaking hands and trading hugs with our friends and neighbors from aligned packs. I wish Pha was out here with me, but he can't be. As just my boyfriend, he has to wait inside for me until we're finished with the receiving line.

After about an hour my dad releases Ming, Kit and I and lets us head into the party. Pha grabs me as soon as I walk into the house and he tucks me into his side with his arm around me. I can feel the jealousy dripping off him as he looks down at me and says, "Did you have to hug every person who came today?"

Simply smiling, I reply in a sweet voice telling him, "But P'Pha they came here to celebrate my birthday with me. I had to welcome them." He just huffs at me, while I grin at him. I like it when he's a little possessive.

--------------------

PHANA'S POV

The last few hours have rushed by in a blur filled with mingling among the guests, meeting new people, eating, and spending time with my friends and Yo. I haven't let him out of my sight the whole night.

Yo's dad finally searches out our group at around 10pm and lets Ming and Yo know that the adults will see the guests off, which means the six of us are released to go do our own thing for the rest of the night. Ming, Forth and I look at each other before scattering in different directions with our mates. I grab Yo's hand and pull him down a trail away from the pack house.

Yo's father and I had worked hard to come up with a reasonable plan that would give us the best chances of lessoning the impact of our mating on... well, everyone. I think this is a good solution and I hope Yo likes it.

"P'Pha where are we going." He asks as we jog down the trail which leads past the training fields before heading back into a forested area.

"It's a surprise." I say, giving him a big smile.

A few minutes later we clear the trees and Yo falters to a stop as he takes in the view before him. It's quite breathtaking if I say so myself. I put my all into making sure this would be a special night for us.

-------------------

WAYO'S POV

I know where we are but I don't understand what I'm looking at right now. Moving forward slowly, almost in a daze, I try to take in everything I see.

In front of us is the small lake that sits towards the edge of our pack lands. Years ago, my father built a little lodge near the water, but it hadn't been used in years, not since mom passed away. However, it looks like the house has been completely refurbished, and right now, I feel like I've stepped into a scene from a fairy tale.

The front porch is lit up with hundreds of twinkling lights that throw reflections which sparkle brightly on the still water. As I enter the lodge, I hear gentle music playing, and see several small lamps casting soft light around the rooms. On the table in front of the couch there are several plates full of a variety of sweets and fruits, plus drinks.

When I look in the bedroom it's also beautifully turned out with soft sheets and comfortable pillows on a bed sprinkled with rose petals. The large soaking tub in the corner of the bedroom is filled with steaming water and covered with floating rose petals too. Also, the doors to the veranda are open and frame the view of the half-moon hanging low in the sky as it casts its reflection on the dark lake waters.

It's so beautiful. I'm stunned. I turn to Pha with tears in my eyes, "How? When?"

He takes me into his arms and looks down at me with a sweet smile on his face. "Do you really like it?"

"Yes, I love it. I feel like I'm dreaming. Thank you." I grab his shirt collar and pull him down to me for a kiss.

"Come. Sit with me." He tells me as he drags me to the couch.

We relax and talk about the day as we snack from the platters on the table.

-------------------

A/N:

Alright everyone, here's the last chapter before we get to the main event. 

The next 5 fun filled days/chapters are what we've been waiting for, and they're ready to go! I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them!

10.19.2017

Edited:  04.01.2018   3:23 pm  US CST