CH 22: Meeting the Rest of the Crazy Doc Gang

PHANA'S POV

My last lecture of the week finally finishes, and I look at my watch. It's only 5pm, so I still have plenty of time before I need to meet Ming and Yo for the event this evening. Tonight, is the third and final meet and greet session. It's time to meet the humans.

Ming has invited 30-40 of the humans that Yo will be attending classes with so they can meet before school starts next Monday. This event is also to see if there will be any strange reactions to Yo.

Generally, humans react to wolves just like they would another human except for a higher than average interest in sex. When it comes to sex, a wolf never needs to be without a partner if they are willing to take a human to their bed.

However, some wolves refuse to sleep with humans. The hunters among us say they're too easy and offer no sport and the soft-hearted ones from the packs say it's not fair to use them. I've slept with a couple humans in the past, and trust me, I'm pretty sure I was the one being hunted and used.

My two friends, Kit and Beam, glance over at me. Beam asks, "You want to grab some dinner tonight?"

"Nope guys, can't. Already have plans tonight. Maybe we can do something tomorrow?"

"Ai'Pha you have been dodging us for a week now." Beam looks determined to get answers today. "What is going on with you?" He pauses, but I say nothing. "Did you get a new girlfriend? A boyfriend?"

Until he said boyfriend, I was able to ignore him. However, the minute the word boyfriend left his mouth, I couldn't help but look up. That's when they knew they caught me.

Kit stares at me in surprise, "You got a boyfriend? Or is he just another fling." A small growl escapes my lips at his thought that Yo might be a fling, and now they both look like they won the lottery.

Beam and Kit share a look. "So not just a fling," Beam mutters.

"When can we meet him? Why can't he go to dinner with us?" Kit is being relentless.

"Look guys, he already has plans tonight at 9pm he can't skip."

With a smirk on his face, Beam looks over at Kit, "That leaves plenty of time for us to meet and have dinner before his plans he can't skip, don't you think Ai'Kit?"

They've got me, and they know it. "I'm not promising anything. Let me make a couple of calls and we'll see what happens." I'd actually like for Yo to meet my friends. I just didn't plan on it happening tonight. This is the only reason I'm letting them think they've won this round.

Walking away from the two of them, I call Ming to see if they're busy. After discussing what I'd like to do, I get the all clear and call Yo.

"Hello, P'Pha!"

"Hey, Shorty, would you like to have dinner tonight before the event. I have a couple of friends I'd like to introduce to you, if that's ok?"

"That sounds like fun, P'Pha! Do you want Ming to drop me off somewhere or do you want to pick me up?"

"If Ming could drop you off at the restaurant, that would work best and save lots of time."

"Ok, P'Pha I'll talk to him now. Text me the address when you hang up, ok? See you soon, P."

"See you, Shorty."

The guys and I settle on the restaurant and I text the info over to both Ming and Yo. I also told them to let me know when they got close to the location and I'd wait outside for Yo.

--------------------

Kit and Beam have been giving me hell ever since we left school. Now that we're at the restaurant, they finally calm down when I gave them a serious look and a warning, "Look, get it all out of your systems now, because you will not act like this when Yo gets here."

"Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when the great Phana Kongthanin is wrapped around someone's little finger," Beam teased.

Giving them both a hard look, I reaffirm. "I'm serious about Yo. Do Not mess this up. Yo is special... he's different."

Beam still has a smirk on his face though, "He must be if he can whip you into shape."

Kit looks thoughtful, "How is he different?"

My phone notification sounds. Skimming my texts, I look back at them with a warning glare. "He's here."

Walking outside, I watch Ming pull up in his CRV. Opening the door for Yo, he steps out and gives me a quick hug. He looks amazing in a soft blue t-shirt and white skinny jeans. "Thanks, N'Ming. I'll bring him to the event by 8:45pm."

"OK, see you then. Have fun guys." Ming says as he pulls away.

Snugging Yo up against my side, we enter the restaurant together. Heads quickly turn our way as we walk through the doors, and I ignore the looks, but Yo blushes prettily and tries to pull away from me. I don't let him.

"P'Pha, people are looking at us." Yo whispers shyly.

"Let them look." I tell him.

As we get close to the table, my friends stand to meet us. Introducing them, I say, "Nong Wayo, this is Ai'Kit and Ai'Beam." They exchange wais and we sit down together.

Both of my friends are looking at Yo with a bit of confusion on their faces, but Kit is sitting closer to Yo, and I watch closely as he takes a deep breath. His face shows even more puzzlement than a few seconds ago, but now he's slowly leaning out of his seat towards Yo getting closer and closer while inhaling deeply Yo's soft sweet scent.

Yo is watching Kit with a bit of alarmed look on his face, while Beam is looking between Yo and Kit, not sure what is going on. I slam my hand against the table, making everyone jump and turn their attention to me. Gently, I tell Yo, "Shorty, why don't you go wash your hands before we eat dinner, na?"

"Ok, P'Pha, I'll be right back." He responds with a bit of relief in his voice.

As soon as he's out of hearing range, Kit looks straight at me with dreamy eyes, "Why does he smell like a pup. Don't get me wrong his scent is amazing... I don't know if I've ever smelled something as incredible as him before. It makes you want to hug him, or fuck him... is that why you're dating him?" A low growl of warning trickles past my lips and Beam shoots me a look, but Kit keeps going. "But why does he smell like a pup?"

Looking around to make sure were still alone, I give Kit the evil eye and ignore his ridiculous first question but lean in to answer his second question. "Because he's an Omega."

"WHAT!" They both shout in shock.

People stop what they are doing and glance at our table. We all wai, "sorry, sorry."

Kit is looking at me incredulously, "That's not possible."

"Yes, it is, and don't be weird about it. He gets upset when people treat him differently." I warn them.

"Ai'asshole that isn't something you can joke about." Beam looks at me seriously.

"Do I look like I'm kidding? I'm serious. Look we planned to do something tomorrow, right? Why don't we go for a run? Then you can see for yourself. But tonight, act right and don't make a scene."

They both give me nods of agreement as Yo comes back to the table.

--------------------

After a rough start, dinner turned out fun. My friends seem to like Yo and he's warming up to them.

We spent almost 3 hours talking about school, our packs, and our lives. Kit and Beam were shocked when Yo told them he'd never been off pack grounds prior to 2 weeks ago, so he doesn't have many stories. But my friends made up for it by sharing lots of their embarrassing and funny stories about me. Yo appeared to have fun listening to them.

At 8:30pm we had to leave for Yo's event, but I tell my friends I'll give them calls later tonight to discuss plans for tomorrow.

09.24.2017

Edited:  02.26.2018   9:32 pm  US CST