CH 42: A Major Objection (Part 1)

A/N: This chapter was hell to write, and was re-written it 7-8 times before I was finally happy with it. When I finally got it all out it was just too long, so I'm breaking into 2 part. 

I know a bunch of you have been waiting for Forth x Beam and I didn't want to leave you hanging to long, so here's Part 1. I'll post Part 2 as soon as possible, but it might be tomorrow morning.

** THANK YOU kpopaddict4 (@LisaTatro) for all your help making this chapter be all it could be. I truly appreciate you being my Beta reader and for giving me your honest notes! **

Let me know if you like it!   :-)

---------------------

FORTH'S POV

Sitting in a chair in my dorm room, I'm trying to read the text messages that flooded into my phone overnight, but my eyes keep drifting back to the bed. My mate. I can't seem to keep my eyes off him. I still cannot believe I found him.

He's been here attending the same college as me this whole time. He was even one of Phana's best friends. He's been so close. How could I have not met him before? It doesn't matter now, he's here and he's mine.

"Mine," the growl slips out. Such a satisfying word.

My phone's notification tone sounds again and I try to focus on it. My father is thrilled. He's sent so many messages, but this one I appreciate. He arranged for someone to deliver supplies for us and they left them outside the door, including hot food.

Moving from my seat, I head to the door to retrieve the stuff left for us. However, I'm stunned with the large pile sitting there. My father must be really happy.

As I bring everything in, Beam begins to stir on the bed. I separate out the food and prepare plates for both of us. While I'm finishing up he rolls over to face me, "Is that food I smell?"

"Yes, my father sent supplies for us. Here, let me help you sit up and then you can eat." I move to help him sit, but he still winces in pain. Holding him steady, I rub his lower back and hips for a few moments, before stuffing a couple of pillows behind him for support. I bring the lap table over and set his plate on it, so he can be as comfortable as possible while eating.

A tiny bit of regret flares in me as I look him over. I wasn't exactly gentle with him during the last 18 hours. To put it mildly, he had a major objection to being the bottom in our relationship. While we didn't fight for dominance, there was quite the battle of wills every time the mating heat rushed over us. Our first round was certainly not what you'd call sweet and loving.

FLASHBACK – FORTH'S POV

We've been wrestling around on the bed for quite some time. Our mouths meeting in hungry, searing kisses, but neither of us are willing to give ground on our positions.

We're both sweating and have bite and scratch marks everywhere. Finally Beam stills under me as I roll over him. Looking at me with a pained expression on his face, he says, "I can't take it anymore... just do me."

From that moment on, I try to be gentle with him. I want to prepare him slowly to lessen the possible pain, but by that point Beam didn't want gentle. I'd just started to stretch him when he grabs my hair, pulls my face to his, and said, "Forth, either fuck me now or roll over! If you won't man up, I will!"

Him challenging me, drove my wolf insane. I couldn't control it anymore, I needed to prove our dominance to our mate. I hammered into him hard and fast and didn't let up. He was so tight and hot around me.

When I felt my teeth elongating for the mating bite, I told him harshly, "I'm making you mine. Beam, you're mine!"

"Just do it! Now!"

My teeth sank into his shoulder only seconds before I felt his sink into mine, and it felt like the world exploded around us as we orgasmed together.

END OF FLASHBACK

The bond is already ramping up again, I can feel the heat beginning to pulse inside me, but we have things we need to do before it sucks us under its influence again. Things we need to talk about.

Handing Beam a bottle of water, I say gently, "Ai'Beam, drink this as you eat and then we can shower while we still have a little time."

"Stop telling me what to do." He tells me defiantly.

Heaving a sigh, I try to remain calm. "If you shower you'll feel better..."

"Stop trying to control me!" He looks so angry right now. Will it always be like this? What does this mean for our mated life?

--------------------

BEAM'S POV

Why can't he shut up and leave me alone?

"I'm not trying to control you. You're my mate I want to take care of you." He's giving me a kicked puppy look.

"I don't need you to take care of me. I can take care of myself. I'm not weak."

"Ai'Beam, I never said you were. Why would you think that?"

Slamming my hands on the tray in front of me, I finally explode, letting out everything that's been bottled up inside me since yesterday afternoon. "Because that's what being a bottom means! It means you're weak! You have no control! You're powerless!"

"Beam, that's nonsense. Being a bottom doesn't make you weak or powerless."

"Yes, it does!"

He's... smiling at me? Now I'm getting really angry! "So, let me ask you something. Were your sexual partners in the past weak? Powerless?"

"What? Of course not! What does that have to do with..."

Forth interrupts me. "Weren't they all 'under' you sexually? Bottoms for you?"

Stopping, I think over his words. The people I've slept with previously were never powerless in the bedroom. My partners were strong and demanding. They held their own. They were powerful in their own ways.

Letting my thoughts drift, I consider Kit and his situation too. Kit is obviously the bottom in his relationship, but he has his own sort of power. Ming would do anything Kit asked of him, anything. Geez, I better never let Kit catch even a hint of this conversation or my thoughts, he'd kill me it he believed I thought he was weak.

Shit, I could even look at Yo and Pha. Yo is definitely going to be the bottom, but Pha is completely whipped for him. They aren't even mated yet, but Pha would do anything to keep Yo happy.

Maybe I need to change the way I think about this. Am I powerless because I'm getting fucked instead of fucking someone? The answer – No. I'm not. As long as there is pleasure in the things we do together, does it matter who's on top? No. I guess it doesn't.

Glancing up, I see Forth has been patiently waiting for me while I was deep in thought. "Come to a decision?"

"Yes. I need a shower."

He looks confused by my statement, "Okay."

As I start struggling to move the tray in front of me so I can climb out of bed, I pause to glare at him, "Aren't you going to help me?"

When he jumps up to take the tray from the bed, I lower my head and smile. This can work.

10.10.20.17

Edited:  04.01.2018   8:57 am  US CST