Chapter One

AMY'S POV

AMY'S POV

I had just woken up to go to church school, when my dad barged into my room and told us with as much authority as he could muster-which was not much, "No matter what, don't go into the upstairs bathroom."

"OK dad." I had answered, confused as to why we couldn't just go in there. "Tell your siblings." He says. I nod my head as he walks out the door of my bedroom and goes into the garage.

"You guys! Wake up!" I yelled at my siblings. "WHY?!" They all scream back at me. "Because we have to go to church school." I yell back.

"I don't want to go." Groans my brother Parker. "Also, dad says not to use the upstairs bathroom!" I yell at them. Suddenly, they are all awake. "I call dibs!" They all scream at the same time and race each other to get downstairs first. I sigh. Great, it will take all morning in order to even be able to touch the bathroom door nob.

I swear, I've been waiting 5 hours already when in reality it has only been 10 minutes. Oh, what the heck, I'm just going to use the upstairs bathroom; my bladder can hold no more.

After I made sure that my siblings are all still downstairs, I quickly grab the door handle and twist it open, but the image I see will haunt me for the rest of my life.

My mothers dead body. I swear I almost screamed but then I remembered that I wan't supposed to be in here in the first place. I quickly and quietly walk to her, tears swell up in my eyes as I stare at her awfully pale face. I look at what she is wearing, then I notice a bulge in one of the back jeans pocket. I quickly pull out what seems to be a note, or more like letter. The saddest part, it's addressed to me.

Dear Amy,

I hope dearly that it is you that is reading this and not your dreadful father. This letter will serve to be my last Will. Your father is never to find this letter, for it will also hold the reason to my death.

You see, Amy dear, your father and I have not been getting along lately, and last night, when he finally passed out, I grabbed his phone to go and charge it, only for it to start ringing. I quickly pressed answer, as to not to wake both you and your siblings, but I had not checked the callers ID. A women's voice came on.

She started screeching and screaming at me at me in her whiny voice the minute I pressed answer. I didn't catch all the words that she screeched at first, but then she broke down sobbing and one of the last things I heard before I hung up were the words, "Fred, I told you we should have used protection last month, now I have awful news, I'm pregnant a-" That was the last I heard before I hung up.

Please don't hate me, but the reason I am where I am is because your father cheated on me and got another girl pregnant! I couldn't deal with the heartache and so I took the easiest way out. I know what your thinking right now, I'm such a coward, and I agree with you. You have every right to think that.