Hospital

Amy's POV

I freeze, the phone is still in my hand, the lady still talking, but I'm no longer paying attention to my surroundings. My five senses are clogged.

I'm still. I can't hear or understand anything. The lady's words are revolving around in my head.

Brenda Kuether has been in a terrible accident.

I repeat these words over and over in my head, until it's like a recorder. Until it can't stop.

After a couple more minutes of repeating these words over and over in my head, I start to regain feeling again, but the words are still repeating.

I spring up from my bed, my phone dropping in the process. I quickly change into a pair of jeans and and into a baggy sweater.

I shove my shoes on and then start searching for my phone. Damn it, I should've been more careful.

Finally, I see it on the foot of my bed.

I pick it up and sprint for the door.

I don't care about anything right now, all I care about is getting to Brenda on time.

I sprint out the front door, not caring how loud it slammed shut.

I sprint to the bus stop. I wait patiently for 5 minutes, before I realize that the bus doesn't run at this hour.

Cursing my luck, I start the 5 mile run to the BlackWood hospital.

------

I run through the hospital entrance, panting like a mad woman.

I run up to the receptionist desk. "Amy Kuether, I'm here to see Brenda Kuether."

She barely spares me a glance and continues to type on her cell phone.

I try and resist the urge to snatch that phone out if her hands. Key word, try. I don't last long before I snap.

I lunge across the desk and snatch the phone from her hands. I then brake it half and give it back to her. I shoot her a sweetly sick smile and ask as calmly as I could, like if I had never broken her phone in the first place, "Where is Brenda Kuether, I'm here to see her?"

She glares at me and opens her mouth, but thinks better and closes it.

She types on her computer for a couple of minutes before turning her head back at me. A glare is prominent in her features.

"You fucking idiot, there is no Brenda Kuether in this hospital." Her voice is squeaky, reminding me if Samantha. "You fucking broke my phone, for an imaginary patient who isn't even in the building!"

Wha- that's not possible! I voice my thoughts out to the lady, but she shakes her head.

"Sorry." She mutters sarcastically.

I glare at her and storm out. I hear her yelling something about me paying for  a new phone, but I have better things to worry about. Where the fuck is Brenda, all I know is that she's been in a terrible accident, but I don't know where, when, and if she's okay.

I hear the door shut behind and just look around.

What has my life come to? It's dark everywhere I look, the moon is shining down on me. Looking down on my phone, I can see it's 1 a.m. I took longer getting to the hospital than I thought.

I sigh and start my walk to the next nearest hospital. I need to find Brenda quickly, but I don't have the energy to run anymore.

------