Chapter Twenty Three

Amy's POV

Amy's POV

I take Emily into my arms, whispering words of comfort.

"Don't cry Em, it will be okay."

She sniffles. She pulls back and looks at me.

"It will never be okay Ames! He was three years old! They are monsters!" She sobs.

I wish I could take her grief away from her. I know what it is like to lose a family member.

But she lost a brother.

I rub her back in comfort.

She keeps murmuring his name over and over.

"Nathan.... Nathan!"

Even years later, her pain is still fresh. 12 years old and still mourning for her brother whom would be 9 right now.

I hold her until we know times up.

I give a last hug before walking home, having my own demons to face there.

-------

That mini flash back goes through my mind as I stare into those dark eyes that I have only ever seen in pictures.

He has grown up so much! He's bone skinny, but in his eyes, pain shines through.

What could he have gone through?

"Nathan?" Emily murmurs behind me.

He looks up, confusion in his eyes.

"Who are you?" He asks.

Emily continues to stare at him in shock. I look back and forth between the siblings, trying to find any type of resemelencs.

I only see one. Their nose.

I don't understand at all, Emily has a shade of a type of brown colored eyes, while Nathan has pure black colored eyes.

There noses though, seem to be in perfect harmony with each other.

Both of them have button noses. Emily's is cute and small, while Nathan's is big and makes him look even younger if possible.

Emily and Nathan stare at each other for a long time before Alexander and his big mouth ruin the moment of silence.

"Do you two know each other?" He questions.

He gets two different answers at the same time.

"Yes."

"No."