Chapter Twenty Seven

AMY'S POV

AMY'S POV

I groan. My head and back hurt so much!

I squirm around, I'm sitting in an uncomfortable position.

"I would stop doing that if I were you," a hoarse voice grumbles. I immediately stop and look up.

"Caleb?" I mutter.

"That's me!" He smiles a strained smile. "Now stop moving would you?"

I feel something hard and my cheeks heat up.

I sneak a peak at Caleb and see that his cheeks are also red.

"Are you guys done staring at each other or what?" A new voice asks.

I look to the left and see Alexander clutching the wheel as though his life depends on it.

Caleb rolls his eyes from the corner of my eye.

"You're just jealous she isn't staring at you!"

Alexander shrugs his shoulders. "I would prefer for the rat not to stare at me."

Ouch. That one hurt.

"She's not ugly." Caleb defends.

"But she's not beautiful either."

"How about you stop talking about 'she' as though she weren't present at this very moment?" I intervene.

"Whatever," Alexander mumbles and goes back to driving.

I groan and clutch my head. "What happened?"

"Here," Alexander hands me his phone.

"Both hand on the wheel!" I scream at him.

He startled, dropping the phone between the seats and putting his hands back on the wheel.

"What the fuck Amy? Are you trying to get us killed?!" Alexander yells at me.

I look down in shame. I'm not afraid of cars, but I know that if I get into an accident, my siblings would have no one. They had Brenda, but she's not capable of handling them, not anymore.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

Alexander runs his hand through his hair, but quickly puts it back on the wheel, having realized his mistake.

"It's okay, just don't scare me like that."

"Here," Caleb holds out his hand. "Take my phone instead."

"Why?" I ask taking hold of the phone. "I want to know what happened."

Caleb unlocks his phone and shows me the screen.

A video appears, the image shown is one of me being held back by two football players.

"This video went viral within the five minutes it got posted. Someone recorded most of the fight between you and the football team, but there is no sound since you can't hear through everyone shouting, 'fight, fight, fight!'" Caleb explains.