Chapter Forty One

Happy Birthday (you know who you are) This one's for you 😉

(I would officially tag you but Wattpad wont let me open my comments unless I click it directly off of my nonifications)

External Narrator

“Our plan was simple,” Helen starts out, keeping an eye on her brother and not Riley, the smirk still visible on her face. “We were to get Amy to come with us back to New York. We were supposed to befriend her and then tell her of her past, her true roots about who she is.”

“Who exactly is she?” Riley asks, her heart beating so wildly in her chest, that she wonders if the voice recording device she has on herself will even be able to hear the conversation going on between the trio standing in a cemetery and hidden between the trees. 

“Her mother was Rosalinda Guadalupe Leon. She is the daughter of Jose Martinez. Amy Kuether is the daughter of a former assassin, yet the granddaughter of one biggest gang leader in the United States. Her father is the leader of the Black Mississippi gang, who have now made a name for themselves here in this ugly state. It’s practically in her blood to lead, to kill, to fight. Jose Martinez is dead. He’s been dead for months now and the Night Howlers want their true leader back to lead. Right now, they’re being led by Jared, the second in command to Martinez. No one knew why Rosalinda had left the gang, and no one knew that she had a daughter.” Helen takes a pause and Riley uses that to intervene. 

“Why are the Black Knights here? What is it that they want from Amy?” 

“We’ll get to them later. Right now though, there is a plot to assassinate Amy, and one in place to kill off Jared as well.”

Riley slowly and unknowingly releases her grip on Steven. He notices, but waits for his time to be able to fully escape. “Who wants to kill Amy? Jared?”

 “We don’t know who wants to kill Amy. Jared though, he’s being targeted by Martinez’ third in command, someone who we,” Helen motions between herself and her brother. “Have never met, yet work for. Many don’t believe he’s still alive - we don’t even know ourselves if he’s alive. The thing we know for sure though, is that Jared is having the time of his life as leader and we’re working with some of Martinez’ people to get Amy back as leader. That’s our mission, to dethrone Jared. If you want to be smart, you can guess that it might be Jared who wants Amy dead, but no one knew that she existed.”

“What about her siblings?” Riley asks. 

Helen glances at Steven before glaring at Riley again. “It’s in their blood as well, but no one knows they exist either. Whoever was behind Rosalinda’s murder, might very well be whoever wants Amy dead.”

“So what you’re telling me is-”

“There’s still an unnamed player in this story.”

Alexander POV

“You told me she was abused!” I scream at them all. They were supposed to tell me the truth, they were supposed to support me. They are supposed to be my closest gang members. They are supposed to be family.

They flinch at my voice. This is the kind of facade I only save for those who’ve betrayed me the most - and they know that. 

Everything went to hell after that announcement. My gang threw themselves at the old man, but we were outnumbered. They brought back up, while we hadn’t. We were forced out of the ring, Rose never even glancing our way.

“We weren’t ly-”

“Someone who’s abused would not fight as good as she does. Someone who’s abused is not the Heir to the Night Howlers, someone who is abused is not the fucking blood heir to the Black Mississippi gang!” I cut Kylie off. I am not interested in a stupid apology. “That girl is not abused. She is a fucking mafia pincess who’s got the whole school wrapped around her finger and from what I’m seeing, she’s got this whole fucking gang wrapped around her arm!”