Chapter Thirty Six

Amy's POV

Amy's POV

Thursday passes by faster than the week has, and soon I'm walking home with Walter Friday afternoon.

"Where do you go at night?" I ask her curious.

"I go home to my boyfriend, Josh, who is also in the gang."

I nod and we walk in silence the rest of the way. My heart feels more broken than before. More pieces are missing.

"We go to the underground tonight." Walter announces. "Are you nervous?"

"No," I shake my head. "I'm used to it."

"But you are being introduced as a member, how are you not afraid of the attention it will bring?"

"Because I have you to protect me from anyone who tries to attack." I smirk at her.

-----

"Go change, we will be leaving in five minutes." My father says.

I nod and go upstairs, taking odf my clothing.

Taking out my mask, I look at it for a minute.

Should I put it on?

There is no use now that I am a 'member', but that doesn't mean I'm not in danger.

I shake my head. Of course I have to put it on.

I walk out my room when I'm finished, glad Sophie and Parker are with Emily tonight so they won't be hone alone.

Walter smiles at me and I give her a nod because she can't see my face under the mask.

My father looks up from his phone. "Let's go."

We get in the car and start the drive to the underground.

"Who is your manager as of right now?" My father asks me.

"I can't tell you." I say. Lucy made me promise not to tell anyone her true identity.

"You will need to tell him/her you quit before the announcement."

"Okay. What time are you announcing the news?"

"Eleven on the dot. Don't be late."

The rest of the ride goes in silence besides the occasional sound of Walter moving around uncomfortably.

When the car stops I take a deep breath. "We will see you at eleven." My father says before leaving me and Walter alone.

"So...." Walter trails off.

"Come on, I have to go break the news to my manager." I go around to the back of the building and enter from there.

"Hey!" Lucy calls the minute she sees me. "I wasn't expecting you this early."