Prologue

External Narrator

The woman tumbles about in her bed. She can't seem to fall asleep. She wakes up her husband who's lying right next to her.

"What's wrong?" He whispers in her ear.

"I can't sleep," she whispers back, finally just staying with her back laying on the bed, her face facing towards the ceiling.

She feels that something is off, that something big is going to happen that night.

“Is it them?” Her husband asks.

The woman shakes her head. She doesn't think so.

“Than what is it?” He asks.

“I think it may be my imagination.” The Night Howlers, her mind whispers in protest.

She thought she left them behind for good, but the phone call she got just the other night proved her wrong.

She turns on her right side, so she is facing her husband. “You will protect the children if something were to happen, right Fred?”

Fred, startled at his wife's request, hesitates for a second before nodding.

“With my life.” The woman smiles at him. If something were to truly happen to her, she would be able to lay in peace, knowing that her children will be protected.

“I'm going to go get some water.” The woman tells her husband before getting off the bed.

She walks into the cool hallway, the floor cold beneath her naked feet.

She reaches to turn on the light, but something grabs her from behind. She gasps, only to inhale something.

Her eyes start to close, her heart slows down. Her final image is that of a Howling Wolf.

Night Howler.

Hello! Welcome to my story formerly titled Broken Streetfighter, and now titled Facing Away.

I hope you enjoy this story and trust me, it won't be one of the great cliches of Wattpad, hopefully. 😉