Chapter Forty Eight

Alexander POV

I zoned out the rest of the meeting. Alec is more than capable of handling the gang business - the only reason I got the title of leader is because he, like our mother, wanted to pursue a career and do something good for the world.

The world doesn't deserve people like them. The world is a fucked up place and in the end, the bad guys always win. It doesn't matter if a murderer is charged and put behind bars, they already did their crime, they won. 

It's no secret that I'm not a good guy in the world. I know that, and I've long ago accepted and promised that I because I was the bad guy, I wouldn't drag someone else down with me.

Marriage.

Even if this is all a ploy, a technique in our battle plans, the word seems too real for me.

He had stated that the Night Howlers wouldn't accept Amy because she wasn't trained for the world, because she would be too unstable and uncontrollable. Despite being, through blood, the rightful leader, she would still be an outsider.

Therefore, she need a 'leash'. I'm the best option because apparently, I'm no stranger to this world. Everyone knows my name, they know my reputation.

My reputation.

That's the reason why they believe I can put a leash on the Mafia Princess, Amy Kuether. Oh, believe me when I say that I've tried. Hell, I think Amy herself has tried to put a leash on herself and she didn't succeed. 

There are two different reputations I have, and that I tried to hold at the same time. One for this world, and one for the world of High School. In both of them, I tried to make myself the bad guy. It should have been simple, right? Bad boy, gang leader. They both are practically the same.

Wrong.

High School puts a certain pressure on that facade. I can't exactly do and lead and control everything like I do for my gang, teenagers are too unpredictable. Therefore, I followed the expectations. Which was stupid.

In this world however, each gang is led in a unique way, and deals with certain things. In the end, what we all have in common is that we are not the good people.

Amy Kuether might be from this world, she might not know anything about it, but I've learned long ago not to underestimate her. This marriage/engagement thing might only last a few weeks, months at the most, but like Alec said, there's something in this picture that we're missing.

And missing it was.

-------

"I can't believe you agreed to go along with the plan!" 

Alec shrugs at my outburst. "You were zoned out, what was I supposed to do?"

"Say no!"

"Listen Alex, in the end, it's a win win situation. We get two very big threats to our gang out of the way with only one stone. Besides, it's all a ruse. What's the big deal?" Kylie speaks calmly, but her eyes are hard.

My eyes jump from Alec, Kylie and Shawn. "We don't know if they can be trusted!"

"What else do you want from them?" Shawn asks. He, like everyone else, is annoyed and confused by my reluctance to follow through with this commitment. "He told us his past, why they have a grudge. They are giving us members and have promised us peace and possible trade in the future. If you want anything else from them, it would be their disbanding."

"But there's one piece of information we're missing!" I exclaim. "He never told us why and how he started the gang! There's something fishy there!"