Emily...

Amy's POV

We both stand there, staring wide eyed at one another.

I hear a whimper behind me. I turn around and see the guy still there holding his stomach.

I forgot he was here. Before I can say or do anything, he has me by my neck, a gun on my temple. My knife falling to the floor with a clatter.

"One move and she dies." The homeless guy says with a menacing tone.

Alex stands there, shocked, but then goes into an emotionless face.

That's when I notice he has a gun. This isn't the Alexander I know from school, this is the gang leader Alexander.

The cold, dark and ruthless killer who everyone in the country fears.

And I'm in his way.

Alex shrugs his shoulders. "Kill her then. Less work for me considering I was going to have to kill her afterwards."

I'm not going to lie. That hurt. I've only known him for 2 days, but he's already going to kill me instead of asking me to keep my mouth shut.

Bitch.

I glare at Alex. Before anyone can figure out what's happening, I spin around, twisting the man who's holding me captive hand and taking his gun.

I push him towards Alex and point the gun at Alex. He's pointing the gun back at me. The other man forgotten for the time being.

"Grocery girl, put the gun down." He says it softly, talking like you would to a five year old.

I am no five year old. I had to raise three kids on my own at the age of 12.

I haven't had a childhood in a long time. I know right from wrong. I know many things that people my age haven't got a clue about. I already have an idea of what it is to raise kids and how to act like an adult.

I also know how to work this gun.

I clip the bullet into place. "Let me go, and no one gets hurt."

I stare at Alex, my face blank of emotion. He stares back.

The man on his right moves away quietly, trying to escape while he can.

Not on my watch. I point the gun at him, still keeping my eyes on Alex.

"Let me go, and we pretend this never happened." I tell him while slowly starting to back up.

He shakes his head. No.

I shoot and purposely miss, hitting the wall next to his head to scare him.

I turn around and run. Only to crash into a wall.

I fall with a thump, my weapon leaving my hand. Again.

I look up and stare at some guy with blond hair and blue eyes. He looks kind of familiar, but I don't know from where.

He cocks his gun at my head.

Bang!

A shot fills the air.

I turn around and see the man who was going to rape me, dead.

I follow the gun up an arm, and to a face.

Alexander shot the guy. I'm next.

He turns towards me.

He slowly walks over kneeling down in front of me.

I glare at him. If I'm gonna die, I want to at least have some dignity left.

"Go." That's all the permission I need.