Chapter Twenty Four

External Narrator

External Narrator

Riley flinches in fright as the door slams closed.

She shuts her eyes and leans against the wall for support.

She didn't want this. She never did.

But she has no choice.

But then again, as her grandma always said, there is always a choice.

Of course there's a choice, Riley thinks to herself. I just haven't found the right one.

Just then, her phone rings.

"Hello?" She picks up. She already knows who it is, the man who both ruined and restarted her life.

"Riley, how did the mission go?"

She sighs. "Rob, I told you this would be a bad idea, not only was her father home, but when I finally managed to knock him out, she got home and got the wrong idea of what happened. Rob! She probably thinks I'm sleeping with him!" She exclaims, shudering in disgust.

Rob groans. "I thought we agreed you would check the perimeter!"

"I did!" Riley defends herself. "It's not my fault he hid his car and somehow got his house off the grid! I swear Rob, come down and see this for yourself, this house shouldn't even exist, yet it does!"

Rob breathes in heavily from the other side of the phone.

"I can't, not yet. The time isn't right, not with the little monster adjusting to her new home. I need to wait a couple of months, but I agree, the sooner we get them out, the better. For now, maintain your cover agent, you know what happens of you break code."

Riley sighs but agrees. She knows exactly what happens when you break code, she is still haunted by the screams of that unfaithful day.

"What is my next mission?"

"Shawn." Rob stated.

"Shawn?" Riley questions. "What does Shawn have to do with any of this?"

"The boy likes you Riley-" he gets cut off by a cry on the other end.

"No! No! Cammy!" Rob exclaims. "Cammy! Put that down! Got to go Riley! I will text you the mission!"

With that, Rob hangs up, yet when her phone rings, Riley doesn't check her messages.

She has a faint idea of what her next mission is.

Make Shawn fall in love with her.

Alexander's POV

I groan, hitting my head against the wall while Alec laughs at me.

"You seriously are the stupid one!" He exclaims.