Chapter Twenty Eight

AMY'S POV

AMY'S POV

I sigh as Emily finishes her explanation of what happened with Parker and Jordan intervening where needed.

"I'm sorry." I apologize with tears in my eyes.

Emily looks up, tears in her own eyes. "Don't. You have nothing to be sorry about."

"Yes I do, Troy wouldn't be in that room if it weren't for me."

Emily shakes her head. "That's not true. Troy would have protected Sophie either way. He loves her too much not too. The only thing you did, was give him the opportunity to protect her. You gave him a warning before it was too late."

"Ya, but it's because of me Jeremy went after them in the first place."

"It's not your fault Amy, no one blames you." Jordan intervenes. "You shouldn't have to be bullied or threatened into doing someone's homework in the first place. You did the right thing by standing up for yourself. Just like Troy did the right by standing up for Sophie."

I smile at the siblings through my tears.

"Group hug!" Parker announces. I squeal as they all get on top of me.

"Get off of me, you pigs!" I groan from underneath.

They all immediately get off of me.

"Sorry," they all mutter. All but one.

"Em, are you okay?" I ask her.

She looks up, seemingly startled from her thoughts.

"Y-ya, just a little tired from today's events, you know?"

I nod and accept the lie. I lie all the time, I-most of the time-know a lie when I see one. Although that one might be true, I still have a feeling something is off.

"He's AWAKE!" A voice screams.

We all turned startled to face Sophie.

Emily springs up from her seat first.

"Can we go see him?" Sophie nods and runs back the way she came from. How she found her way around this labyrinth, I'll never know.

Emily looks back at us and runs, we all follow.

Alexander and the others turn at the sound of our running. They had been in the other room to give us some privacy.

"What's going on?" He springs up, almost as if he's about to fight an invisible enemy.

"He's awake!" Parker and Jordan scream. After we had all entered the room, Mrs. Black kicked out everyone besides Brenda, our conversation forgotten for the time being.

More footsteps follow us up the stairs. Emily takes a right and I follow after.

"Hey! You're going the wrong way!" Alexander shouts.