Chapter Four

Amy's POV

Amy's POV

Honk Honk!

I hear a car outside and immediately know it's the school bus. "Parker! Sophie! THE SCHOOL BUS IS HERE!" I yell to my siblings. Thank goodness my dad still isn't home. Even though it's six in the morning.

They both quickly take off except for Brenda, who either walks or get's a ride from a friend. She also knows that we have to discuss some things.

"So?" I ask.

She sighs. "Not even a good morning?" She asks jokingly.

I give her a pointed look. She sighs again. "Okay, okay, um, his name is Alexander Black."

I nod. "Okay, thanks. Now, can you please call in that favor?" I plead with her.

"Okay."

"Good, let's go."

"Um, I'm getting a ride from Harley." Harley has been Brenda's best friend since 6th grade, so she knows about the secret.

I nod. "Alright, make sure to lock the door behind you."

I walk out the door and begin my half an hour walk to school. I love walking to school, it gives me the peace and quiet I need in order to properly think.

I take out my phone and plug in my earbuds.

--------

I say in relief when the bell finally rings, dismissing me from AP Math. There is a big commotion outside in the halls when I exit the classroom. Suddenly, a screeching Emily comes at me and engulfs me in a hug.

"OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Have you seen the new guy? He is H-O-T! HOT!" She continues to go on and on about how hot he is.

Suddenly, the crowd starts to part, girls start swooning, and some are even fainting. Emily goes still as she gazes at something behind me. "OMG, he's right behind you!" She whispers excitedly.

I decide to give in and turn around. Instantly I freeze up, but it's not because of what you are all thinking about. No, it wasn't because he was super hot, nope, it was because right in front of me was standing none other than Alexander Black!

I'm guessing he's also surprised that I'm standing here because his eyes widen.  Then, they go back to normal so quickly, I'm not even sure that it actually happened. 

He smiles a wicked smile. "Well, what do we have here? Grocery girl." He pauses. Grocery girl, really? He had no better name? "So tell me, grocery girl, what are you doing here? Should you not be at home taking care of your drunk father, or even, taking care of your siblings and making sure none of your fathers sluts take anything important or of value?" He whispers so only me Emily could hear.

"Oh, wait, I forgot," He whispers a little louder. "With your father being a drunk a*s, you have no one to give you money, so you absolutely no money at all!" He laughs his wicked laugh.