Chapter Thirty Seven

^I like that one better, which one do you?^

ALEXANDER'S POV

"No!" I growl at him.

"Please!" He begs. "I-I want to go back out! I won't go suicidal! Promise!"

I pinch my nose. "Let's ask my mother, see what she says instead."

He nods and we go upstairs to my mother's study. She pretty much stays home studying medical things and only works in the field if it's an emergency.

Andrew knocks on the door and my mother looks up at the noise. "Come in?" She says surprised. "What's going on?"

"Hello Mrs. Black." Andrew murmurs.

My mother glares at him. "I have told you more than once, call me Macy!"

I chuckles as Andrew gulps. "Macy," he corrects his mistake. "Can you tell Alexander that I am mentally stable enough to go on missions?"

She looks at me. "What are your reasons for not letting him go?"

"Amy's sister, Brenda, the girl he loves, just passed a couple days ago and I don't believe he is mentally stable enough to be going out on missions. I can't take the risk of putting both himself and other people in danger."

Gasping, my mother covers her hand with her mouth. "Why am I only hearing about his now?! How are Amy and her family taking the news?!'

"Relax, they are more or less fine, as good as anyone in their position could be."

Turning to Andrew she frowns at him. "Get out Alexander, me and Andrew are going to have a small talk."

Confused, I turn around and walk out of her study.

What's so important they had to kick me out for?

"Hey Alex," Kylie greets me. I freeze. Shit.

"H-hey Kylie, what's up?"

"Well, I'm craving some chocolate, want to go get me some?" She asks in a sickly sweet voice.

"W-well, actually, you see, I-um, we are in the middle of discussing something important a-" she cuts me off.

"Get me chocolate!" She yells at me.

"O-on it!" I squeak out before making a run for it.

It takes barely an hour before I get back home.

"Where have you been?!" Xavier hisses at me when I walk into the door.

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

"Your cousin had a hissy fit and now she's upstairs crying over some TV show!" He growls.

"Well I'm here now and I have her chocolate!" I hold up the bag and don't wait for his reply before I'm running back up the stairs.