Chapter Thirty Eight

AMY'S POV

AMY'S POV

I collapse onto Alexander's coach when it's finally quiet.

"I'm beat," I mutter, closing my eyes. It's nine in the evening and we finally got all the stupid dolls to shut their traps.

"Me too," Kylie whimpers falling onto the couch next to me.

"Haha!" Bree laughs at us from across the room. "I'm soo glad I'm not a senior yet!"

Kylie throws a pillow at her and Bree catches it at the last second while still laughing.

"I still can't believe they pooped!" Caleb exclaims falling onto the carpet. "I thought dolls did nothing but stare!"

"That makes two of us," I mutter.

"Leave me alone!" The tired voice of Alexander reaches our ears for the millionth time this evening. "I'm not interested!"

"That's not what you said three months ago!" Samantha says with a smirk in her voice.

"Three months ago! I alot will happen and change within the time limit of three months!"

So true . . .

"Ew, what are you doing here?" Samantha asks again.

"She's allowed to be here, she's my partner Sam," Caleb tells her.

"But Caleb . . ." she whines. "She keeps throwing mean glares at me!"

Kylie snorts from next to me. "No one would look at you willingly."

"Why are you even here you s-" a noise cuts her off.

'Meow . . . Meow . . .'

"No! Not again!" Bree exclaims, pushing the pillow over her face. "Stupid cat!"

"Aww," I murmur, crouching down next to the furry little beast. "She isn't that bad!"

I think I see Samantha smile a little from the corner of my eye, but I'm not sure.

"How do you know it's a she?" Caleb asks.

"Instincts," I shrug my shoulders. "Plus, she's pregnant."

"What?!" Almost everybody in the room screams at the same time.

Chuckling, I shake my head. "Maybe Mrs. Pack had a good idea to do this project. Come on, don't tell me you didn't notice?"

"Notice what?" Alexander asks.

"She's hungry all the time, she's feeding for two, not one. That's also why she probably set off your alarms, to get into a warmer environment than the cold of a Minnesota winter." I explain.

"Oh," Alexander murmurs, staring at the cat.

A phone starts ringing and then I remember.

"Oh! Sorry! I'll be right back!" Samantha says getting up and leaving the room.

"Hey guys," I say when Samantha is out. "I got a new phone number!"

Stupid number, it was about time I got a new one that wasn't getting calls from some creepy gang.

"My new number is *** *** ****."  

Kylie takes out her phone and asks me to repeat it. "Slower this time. I'll add you into the group chat so that way everyone can have your number."

I repeat it before I get a text message.

DAD

Come home now!

I sigh before looking up. "I have to go home now. Caleb, we'll work on the project again tomorrow?"

He nods and I stand to leave.

"Wait!" Kylie shouts. Everyone turns to stare at her and she stutters before talking. "U-I, um . . . I'll walk you out!"