Chapter Thirty

Happy Birthday to SavageHawaiiansMay you have an amazing day-or had- considering you won't read this right away! :)

May you have an amazing day-or had- considering you won't read this right away! :)

(Go spam their message board)

ALEXANDER'S POV

"You like cats, right cous?" Kylie asks me.

"Yes?" I answer confused.

She grins at me. "Well, get ready to despise them."

She clicks something on the computer and a video comes up.

I watch as a cat walks calmly through the fence and into the yard.

Since we now live in Minnesota, and it's like two, it's fairly dark out and the guards don't see the cat pass right through their legs.

Remind me to fire them. Or retrain them since they have obviously started to slack at their jobs.

The cat, don't ask me how, jumps up to a windowsill and shimmies under.

Kylie clicks something on her computer and the angle and camera change.

They show the kitchen, where the cat crawls between the table and chair legs, when the door opens, and in enters my mother and Amy.

My mother sits down and motions Amy whom is still standing to take a seat as well.

They start talking, my mother staring attently at Amy.

"Does this have volume?" I ask Kylie. I don't think they were only talking about money problems when I started to listen in.

Kylie avoids eye contact and continues to watch the video.

"No."

I look at her suspiciously and ignore it. She wouldn't lie to me, and my mother wouldn't betray me.

I watch as the cat stands still under a random chair, just staring at the two ladies with its beady eyes.

They talk for a bit when I walk in.

Fast forward to when we leave, the cat follows us out the door and into the hall.

Kylie changes the angle of her camera and it's showing the front of the basement door.

"How the cat get past all the guards?" I ask Kylie.

She shrugs her shoulders. "You're watching the same thing I am."

The cat crawls down the basement door, and now I know why the alarms went off.

He crosses an invisible laser, and an immediate effect takes place.

The red lights turn on, and though there is no sound, I'm guessing the sound also turns on.

The cat jumps and runs out.