Victory Once Again

Amy's POV

Lola and Bree walk back to my side, me standing in the middle, Bree on my left with Lola on my right, arms crossed glaring at the boys in front of us.

They copy our stance. Alex in the middle, Liam on his left and Luke on his right, sending us cocky smirks.

The gym is silent, watching this silent war going on with our eyes. You could hear a pin drop.

Alex takes a couple steps towards the middle, I take that as my cue to follow along and meet him there.

"Well, well, well. What a surprise. The nerdy girl and her bad ass friends are the last ones standing."

I glare at him. If looks could kill, he would be 6 feet under.

"You might be correct, but this 'nerdy' girl and her 'bad ass' friends will win this game against you males. We will win this not for us, but for every girl out there, and every person who has ever been a victim of some sort of bullying! So, sure, you can call me names, that won't break me nor my team. You can't break something that is already broken, you can't break my confidence. You have nothing to use against me. So, we will be victorious!"

I'll be victorious once again. I think. I have beat him once before, I will do it again.

The gym is silent. Everyone is surprised that me, the nerd, was able to pull that off. Why should they though? They call me nerd, nerds have better vocabulary and make awsome speeches.

Then again, it's always the quiet people who are the hardest to break.

Alexander shakes his head at me. "Keep dreaming little girl, me and my team will win!"

I don't listen to what ever it is he has to say. My mind revolving around two words.

Little girl.

It's true, I am short, standing at 5'3", but when will this guy ever learn?

You should look out for the little people.

Me, the little kid was the person who deafeted the New York street fighter champion.

Me, the mere child, defeated him once before. Although to be fair it wasn't like he knew it was me.

Idiot. I'm small, but that just gives me more of an advantage.

"Quit fooling around and throw some balls!" Samantha yells from the side lines.

I turn my glare to her. She doesn't even flinch.

I turn around and walk back to my team.

Before I can make it, a ripple goes through the air.

Something has been thrown.

I stop walking. I hear the ripple coming from my right ear.

I turn to my right, holding my hands out and swiftly catch the ball.

I turn around and throw it back to Luke, the person who had thrown it.

He wasn't expecting it. It hit him straight on his nose.

Crunch.

Whoops. I think I broke it. Oh well.

I shrug it off and continue to walk to my Hut. 

I'm greeted with the astonished faces of Lola and Bree. I smile at them. "Let's win this shall we?"

They smirk and go grab a ball from the ground and then take their positions on either side of me.