X: Kickback

February 11th, 2018//

"I didn't think they'd be so welcoming." Remy said aloud to Calfreezy. As the sunset washed over their face, they were sat on the railing and their legs dangling over JJ's balcony. The boys were finishing up the filming of Sidemen Sundays inside of the house. "Well, except... You know."

"Yeah... Sorry about that. I guess Sarah is still upset over those photos." Cal mentioned scratching the back of his head as he quickly changed the subject. "But hey, those Sidemen Clothing pictures turned out great Rem." He pulled out his phone to bring up instagram.

Remy gave him a small smile and leaned over to observe the pictures with him. She laughed slightly. "You look like such a dork there. Simon and Josh looking sick as always."

Calfreezy scoffed and turned off his phone screen. "I had better ones, alright? They just picked that one because I'm basically a meme."

Remy rolled her eyes playfully. "I mean you're not wrong."

Cal watched Remy gaze at the drowning sunset. After a few seconds, he spoke. "Rem. I'm glad you came. I couldn't stand seeing you upset any longer. And I'm sorry... about your break up. I hope, one day, you guys could be on good terms. But we all knew your relationship was toxic."

Remy's expression quickly changed as she looked upon the backyard, which was full of Simon's obsession with inflatible items. But a smile crept onto her face. "Yeah... I'm glad I came too." She took a pause to sigh. "I love Joe... But I can agree with you on that. We were toxic to eachother. I hope he takes our seperation to work on himself. He has so much potential, Cal." Remy felt a sudden sadness.

Calfreezy took this opportunity to give her a slight hug with one arm. "Can I ask you a serious question Rem?"

She glanced over and nodded at him, "Yeah of course."

He hesitiated to let the words escape his mouth. "Is it true?"

Remy furrowed her eyebrows, honestly clueless before the look on his face gave away what he was really asking. Remy instantly looked away and pressed her lips together while the nerves started to kick in. She pulled on the collar around her neck unable to breathe. "Cal... I-"

The balcony door swung open. "There you guys are. Everyone is taking shots downstairs. You guys want to join?" Tobi stood behind the opened the glass door.

Cal spoke up. "Nah man, I gotta drive. Maybe Rem?"

As Remy shook her head, Tobi replied. "JJ said everyone is welcome to crash here. Come on, guys. Let loose."

Cal looked to Remy for approval, she smiled slightly and shrugged before he looked back to Tobi who was waiting for an answer. "Yeah, we will be down in just a second." Cal told him.

After Tobi nodded and closed the door, Cal swung his legs over the railing and stood up. He held out a helping hand to Remy. After she moved her legs as well, she took Calfreezy's hand to stand up before letting go to dust off her jeans. "Thanks, Cal."

"You down to crash here?" Cal asked to make sure she wasn't going to uncomfortable to be in the situation.

Even though Remy thought the idea of sleeping at the sidemen house was quite odd, she nodded anyway.

"Let's go drown out our fucking minds." Cal laughed before he opened the glass door. They made their way through JJ's room before going out into the hallway to be faced with loud music booming throughout the house.
As they were going down the endless amount of stairs, Remy had noticed her phone was vibrating in her back pocket more than usual. She pulled it out to see she was being mentioned on Twitter.