XIII: Rebel

February 12th, 2018//

"Hey Rem. Are you ready to go?" Calfreezy asked lightly shaking her tired body. Remy moaned quietly before opening her eyes to see that Callux was no longer on the couch.

She didn't respond to Cal, but instead pulled herself to her feet then stretched. Calfreezy spoke again as they were heading dowm the stairs. "Sorry, I would've let you sleep longer but I have practice with Rebel."

After yawning Remy replied. "It's okay. How's that going by the way?"

"We're doing amazing actually. We have been winning our games, but of course we still need work. Why don't you come watch?" He offered looking back at her.

She nodded with a smile appearing on her face. "Yeah, I'll go. Mind if I take pictures?"

"Not at all, Rem."

Once they got back to the car, Remy realized she hadn't seen Callux anywhere. "Where's Lux?"

Calfreezy started the car turning on the heater. "Ah, he Ubered home this morning. Said he had to be somewhere."

Remy nodded, but it was at this moment Calfreezy remembered her words from last night. "So what happened?"

"Huh?" Remy looked over at him as he began driving away from the house.

"You told me last night that I'll never believe what happened."

Remy exhaled, not wanting to relive the horror, but Cal deserved to hear it. "Lux almost died last night. It was because of me."

"What do you mean?"

"Well after you told me he drank Absinthe. I went looking for him and found him in the bathroom. There was an empty Midol bottl-"

"Fuck man. Rem, I'm sorry. I should've looked after him." Cal interupted.

"Yeah, thats not even the worst part. I rolled him over on his back to get his phone to call for help, but he-" Remy stopped herself and sighed to try to speak the words. "He started choking on his vomit. And... Oh god, Cal. It was terrible. You don't know how terrified I was. It was hard to turn him back over because the counter was in the way. Even when I did, he wouldn't stop. I would've screamed for help, but no one would have came in time."

Calfreezy stopped the car to wipe the tears Remy had streaming down her face. He pulled her into an embrace. "I'm sorry, Remy. I'm so sorry..." She continued to cry harder. "It's okay. You literally saved his life."

He continued to softly rub her back until they they pulled apart, Remy sniffled. "I'm just glad he's okay."

"Fucking hell. That's wild. Does he know about it?" Calfreezy asked leaving the car still stationary.

Remy shook her head. "I dont know if I want to tell him."

"Rem." He tilted his head at her as he put the car in drive once again.

"What?" She questioned. "I dont want him to know I almost killed him."

Calfreezy scoffed. "Jesus Christ, Remy. It wasn't your fault he nearly drank himself to death."

Remy shook her head. "Can we stop talking about it?"

×××

Remy had felt extremely car sick and also had a migrane after the long ride home. So when she got back to the flat with Cal, all she wanted to do was rest before going with him to his practice. When she entered, Remy immediately went straight to couch where she let herself fall. As her face hit the pillows she heard another door open.