XXX: Happy Birthday

March 11th, 2018//

Remy's swirling dehydration was too severe to ignore as she got into the hotel room. She instantly ran to the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet before her nausea and anxiety came spewing from her throat. She tried to keep her noise level down, but her stomach was contracting violently to where she couldn't hold it back.

She purged and purged until nothing was left in her gut... until her body decided to leave her dry-heaving. Tiny tears began to roll down her cheeks, but they weren't from sadness, it was more like disappointment. She discouraged herself more and more as the seconds went by. Remy tried to focus on her breathing, but she thought to herself how irresponsible she had been.

Remy hadn't gotten this fucked up in a while, and the last time she had she was with Kai for her birthday four years ago. It just brought back bad memories and it was honestly making her upset. In a way, she missed Kai. She had met him when she was eleven once she moved from the outskirts of Britstol to Manchester in the Summer.

They didn't exactly start off as friends, they were neighbors. The neighborhood was the kind that you'd see in unrealistic movies, the one that looked way too nice for it to even exist. It was reasonable for Remona to wind up there since her father was a mechanical engineer and her mother was an organic research chemist at the time.

However, it was a different story for Kai. He lived with his foster parents in a glorious house. He never knew his mother and his father had lost custody of his three kids due to alcohol addiction and constant attempted robberies. At the age of eight, Kai had been separated from his younger siblings. When he saw that Remona and her family moved in next door, he thought he might have a chance at actually making a friend.

The day Kai introduced himself, Remona's father had told her from that day forward to not to talk to that no-good orphan boy.

Ever since that day, anytime he got the chance, Kai would ride past her on his skateboard and tug a piece of her hair. "You're a Snob, Remona Madison!" He would taunt her.

Eventually, she got sick and tired of his non-stop bullying that one day she pushed him off of his skateboard then threw the board in front of a moving truck.

Immediately after that, Kai had given her props for doing such a badass, bold move. Remy eventually had grown into liking his rebellious and uncivilized character and they quickly became friends.

And that's why when she overdosed, it was such a surprise that Kai never tried contacting her afterwards. It hurt her heart to the core each time she thought about it. 

After regaining some energy, she had brushed her mouth out and chugged one water bottle after another. She ended up in a chair on the balcony wrapped in one of the blankets from the room. She sat there in her own silence for a good thirty minutes before the cold weather started piercing through the blanket.

Remy had sobered up a bit but not to the point where she was completely in the right state of mind. As she was opening the sliding glass to retreat back inside and crash out, there were four knocks at the door. Remy rolled her eyes and closed the glass behind her. She assumed Freezy must've lost his key card or forgotten it since there was one lying near the TV.

She lazily pulled the blanket over herself a bit more before approaching the door. This time she actually looked through the peephole and when she did she furrowed her eyebrows and proceeded to unlock and open the door.

"What are doing back so early?" She asked with her head tilted, the hall lights making her eyes squint.

"Harry got too smashed. Had to ride back with him because I'm sure he wouldn't have made it." Lux let out a tiny laugh before dropping his happy facade. "Thought I'd stop by to see if you were alright."