~ 5 ~

Aleia watched the door where the boy had just left. She was awestruck that such a place could exist. Were all those TV shows sending hints to their viewers? Had all those stories she'd read actually been true? Evidently, it was true. She was here. What shocked her most was the power Auro's mother had just shown her. A simple flick of her wrist and a small ball of light appeared. And then it disappeared.

"Will I truly have similar powers?" Aleia asked slowly, looking at the beautiful woman who sat beside her.

"Everyone manifests differently," Lorna replied, her voice clear and strong. "But your abilities do depend on who your parents are. Your father, Lord Brun Emberhand, can manipulate the flame. And I, as you saw, can create light. My husband, King Azure Snowvale, can wield water."

Aleia noticed her mother had been left out of the list. She remembered her mother often loved reading her fairy-tales and other magical stories. Did her mother know about all this?

"And Auro doesn't have powers yet?"

"Not yet, but he will be manifesting soon. Which is why he has been working so closely with your father recently. Lord Brun is the best teacher in all of Anerathia."

Aleia's brow furrowed in confusion.

Lorna chuckled, "If you're feeling better," she said as she stood. "I can show you where we are. It truly is a pity you have not known until now, but we must make the best of it."

Aleia rose to her feet and the queen placed a gentle arm around her shoulders. She guided the girl out of the room. The first thing Aleia noticed was how bright the colors were. Colors she knew could not compare to what she was seeing. Everything; from the walls to the floors, the ceilings and the pillars, shone as if tinted with gold. The people wore similar clothes to what Aleia wore now, but they seemed more outlandish. The women and young girls wore what seemed to be a shawl or a wrap, around their shoulders. And though they would cloth pants, they also wore medium-length skirts. The men and young boys wore cloth shirts, pants; light clothes which allowed them to move. Similar to what Aleia had seen in Bollywood films. Yet, it was nothing of the like.

"This is so cool," Aleia mumbled breathlessly.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Lorna asked, an amused smile on her lips. "If you like, we can get you some comfortable clothes to wear. You will need them for your journey."

"Yeah . . . Auro said something about a bunker?"

"I think that is something my husband should explain to you. Or perhaps, my son would be better."

Aleia didn't ask what she meant. Though she was curious to know more about Auro's relationship with her father. So far, she learned that her father was an advisor to a royal family, a tutor to a prince, and apparently he had some kind of power to manipulate fire. The life she thought she had was total bogus.

***

King Azure Snowvale nodded as his son explained the current situation. When Auro spoke about Lord Brun going to meet Anaemis alone, he cursed under his breath.

"The girl is here, then?" he asked, crossing his arm over his chest, while touching his chin thoughtfully. "Brun wants the both of you at the bunker. The girl knows nothing of our world."

"It is imperative that we are there until Lord Brun sends word," Auro stressed, his jade gaze serious.

"I do not like Lord Brun defenseless."

"He was in hurry. Only stayed long enough to say what I've told you."

"Then you do as he has said. Protect the girl, as you've been trained to do. Be alert and prepared. You will be manifesting within the next month. If Brun delays to contact you, that day will come quickly, for both of you."