~ 17 ~

"She's slept for a long time," Auro said, watching Aleia from across the room. A bed was made for the girl, but Auro would not leave the room. "What if something's wrong?"

"She's fine," Lord Brun chuckled, patting the boy's shoulder. "Don't let worry overpower you."

"Time is not on our side, Master. Aleia has much to learn about her abilities. And I still haven't told her about the evident possibility of us getting married."

"I am aware of this. But Auro, all wicome together in its due time."

The prince looked at his mentor a moment, nodding his understanding. Lord Brun turned and left, leaving the lad alone with the sleeping girl. Auro closed the door and went to sit closer to the bed.

"He says you're fine," he said softly, touching Aleia's loose hair. "It doesn't stop me from worrying about you."

"It means you care," Aleia replied, opening her eyes and peering at him. "My dad's right to say that I'm fine. But I never want you to not care. Oh, Auro! There is so much I have to tell you."

The girl sat up and held to his hands tight.

"I saw her."

"Saw who?" Auro asked, squeezing Aleia's fingers.

"The Spirit Queen," she replied, lowering her voice. "She told me everything I needed to know and is still telling me. Auro, I know about the Prophecy. And I can tell why you kept hesitating to explain it to me. You thought I would think you only liked me because of it."

"This is true, but how did the Queen tell you this?"

"In my sleep, but I wasn't sleeping. My body was asleep, but she brought my mind to Goowrark. Auro, it's so beautiful, more so than the last time I saw it. She asked me to be her Host."

Auro froze at these words, but only for a moment. He quickly regained his senses and asked question after question. Aleia stopped him by pressing a kiss to his lips. When she pulled away, his mouth hung open in shock.

"There's a traitor in our midst," she said, climbing out of the bed and pulling on her boots. "Already captured, but she has already proven to be an enemy. If we don't do something about her soon, I think Anaemis will use her to find us."

Auro was lost, to say the least, but he followed Aleia out of the room and through the stone halls without question.

***

"This is the trail we must take to Goowrark," Aleia said, pointing at the large map. "From there, we will find the passage to the Queen's sanctuary."

Brun nodded and placed a marker on the map. Auro stood next to Aleia with his arms crossed, surveying the expressions of everyone present. Lumin, Stratos, and Soile stood in similar stance as they listened. Inanis and Spiris were at the back of the room, but they listened intently as well. Ronell and Ruperto sat with Aurora, Ashe, and Arcano. Aeros was guarding Lustris.

"Once we are within the protection of the sanctuary," Aleia went on, looking into the eyes of everyone present. "The Spirit Queen's soul can take possession of its Host. But we have to make sure Anaemis cannot find us through Lustris. He controlled her before, there is nothing stopping him from doing so again."

"The best way to accomplish that is to seal Lustris' essence," Lumin said thoughtfully. "You would need a Warlock, which you have, and it's a simple process."

"She's your sister," Auro said, "Are you certain you want this?"

"The day she tried to kill you was the day she stopped being my sister. My loyalty lies with you, my Prince. If her essence is sealed, there is a possibility she can be restored."

"Quite right," Lord Brun nodded and cleared his throat. "Are we in agreement that Lustris is a threat?"

Grunts and nods passed through each of the Elementals and company. Auro moved to be next to Aleia, taking her hand in his.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked, keeping his voice low in her ear.

"The Queen said I am strong," she replied, looking up at him. "And I have you. She said we are perfect counterparts. We stick together, nothing can stop us."

Nodding, Auro gave her hand a squeeze, and stepped away. There was a time and place for everything. And right now, they needed to focus on the new mission. Find the Spirit Queen's soul.

***

"Master Anaemis," said Abrus, a young Warlock in his service. "I have located the Host. She is held captive in the Frose Mountains."

"Very good," Anaemis replied, tapping his fingers together. "Do your abilities permit you to create portals, or is that not yet your skill level?"

"I can create portals, but I can only keep it open long enough for one person to pass through."

"Meaning, you would have to go yourself and return with the girl in tow. Correct?"

"Yes, sir."

Anaemis hummed thoughtfully. "Then that is precisely how we will capture my Host," he said, rising from his chair and stepping towards a large glass window. The window opened to the plains of Mortorna. Dry and lifeless with the exception of the Phoenixes. Large bird-like animals that burned like fire when inflight.

"Can you do this, Abrus?"

The young Warlock shook his head vigorously. For fear of Anaemis.

"Then take the wind and go!"

Trembling, the boy bowed and hurried away.

***

Auro and Aleia stood at the entrance of the bunker, staring out onto the mountains. Which were white with snow.

"I can't compare any place to Queen's sanctuary," Aleia said, shaking her head as she shot sparks of fire at a piece of dead wood on the ground. "I've never been to such a place."

"You said the leaves of the trees shone like gold?" Auro asked; he was trying to create a line of icicles in the cave's archway.

"It was the sunlight, but yeah. It looked like gold," she replied, laughing when she managed to set the wood ablaze. "Auro, I did it!"

"Mm-hmm," he grunted, his attention on his task.

Aleia sighed as she extinguished the flame and sparked it again. She repeated this action until it bored her. Then she watched Auro make icicles. He chuckled each time the icicle grew to the size he wanted.

When Auro realized Aleia had been quiet for a long time, he stopped and glanced her way. She smiled at him but said nothing. Inspired, Auro flicked his hands at the snow-covered ground. Flakes blew everywhere as the ground cleared. Where the snow had cleared was left the outline of a heart. But this heart was unique. The heart was shaped in a dome of ice, with snow falling inside.

"How'd you do that?" Aleia asked, pointing at the living sculpture. "It's alive and . . . that's so cool!"

"It's for you," Auro replied, chuckling. "I suppose I am capable of doing more than just controlling the Element."

"It's amazing that you can," she approached him and hugged his waist. "Thank you."

The two shared a smile as Auro pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"Do you think the plan will work?" Aleia whispered, tipping her head back to look up at him. "Everything that has been happening would be considered crazy on Earth."

"It's not crazy," Auro whispered back, moving his hands to cup her cheeks. "This is not Earth. Everything you see here is real. The ability to control fire? That's real."

"And what about you? Are you real?"

"I'm more worried about you being real."

Aleia blushed and smiled. Auro leaned down and brushed his lips against hers.