~ 47 ~

"Ronell was injured," Ruperto said, as the group came together to strategize

"Ronell was injured," Ruperto said, as the group came together to strategize. "Bumped his head pretty bad."

"I saw him," Aleia said, nodding. "It wouldn't have been smart to bring him along. He'll recover quicker with the doctors."

He nodded as Glint - Twileigh - stepped to the center of the group.

"Millie can only keep time frozen for so long," she said, looking at Aleia and Auro. "What is our plan of action?"

"What we're doing is considered cheating," the Prince replied, clearing his throat. "However, Anaemis least expects us to do anything of the sort. Which is why we must act fast. Twileigh is our strongest weapon at this moment. Between her and Inanis - if he is willing - we might have a chance to weaken the enemy. You have all seen what they can do. Our mission to get them both as close to him as we can."

"Stay safe, stay alive," Aleia added, speaking with equal authority. "If Anaemis sees me, he will be blinded by wrath and will make every attempt to end me as Host. I have memories that are not mine. There is only one place we can send him, where he cannot return, never use his abilities again."

"Once we are close enough," Auro went on, "Millie will end the Time-Freeze. Inanis begins to end Anaemis life. Twileigh, you will create a strong portal to the location Aleia tells you, but she will not reveal its name until it's time. Kinasha, you will do whatever you can to force Anaemis to an area where Inanis and Twileigh can get close to him without hindrance. Spiris, Ruperto; the two of you will be fending off anyone who might try to aid their master. Adum, if possible, your assistance in this area will be greatly appreciated as well.

"Lumin, Aurora; blind him as best to your ability. If he cannot see what comes, we have the advantage."

"Does everyone understand their assignments?" Twileigh asked, glancing around.

Heads nodded in agreement. Some were more vocal than others. Mainly Ruperto and Spiris.

"For the people. For Anerathia," the Prince said, nodding to his future subjects.

"For the people. For Anerathia," they all repeated.

The group broke apart and began making their way towards the other end of the battlefield.

Something strange caught Aleia's eye. A large patch of ground that was rising high. It appeared to be nearly a mile long, and even more wide. There were warriors falling from the platform, floating frozen in mid-air.

"That was not like that when we left," she said, tugging Auro's sleeve, pointing.

"No, it was not," he replied, looking to Twileigh for help.

"Who can manipulate the ground?" she asked; she, too, was surprised.

"Soile," Ruperto replied, pointing to the young man they were about to pass.

"Break him from the Time-Freeze."

At the Prince's command, Millie touched Soile's shoulder. He blinked and awoke from his frozen state. He glanced around, shocked. As was everyone when they saw what was happening.

"Can you create an entrance for us to get up there?" Auro asked, pushing passed explanations to save time.

"Yes," was Soile's answer, and he ran in the direction of the rising ground.

"Millie," Aleia said, looking to her new friend. "As soon as he has made an entrance, release everything."

The girl nodded, but said nothing. Her cheeks reddened. There was perspiration on her forehead. It truly was a tiring task to maintain an area this large frozen in Time.

"Be ready!" Inanis shouted as they finally came to where Soile stood before the ground's highrise.

Soile moved his hands in a fury. Dirt and rock flew in every direction as it cleared from the highrise.

"Start going up," Auro told Aleia. "I'm right behind you."

She nodded and sprinted up the dirt staircase that had formed.

"Once you are up there I can portal the rest of us," came Glint in Aleia's mind.

She couldn't answer due to being out of breath. She panted and puffed as she continued her trek up the highrise.

"Who could have done this?"

The question had hardly left Aleia's lips when she reached the top of the high rise and saw her father running towards Anaemis. The King was yelling something, his hand stretched towards the man.

"Get everyone up here, now!" Auro shouted over his shoulder.

Instantly, Glint and Inanis joined them on the highrise. Lumin and Aurora moved to stand in front of Aleia and the Prince. Millie and Adum on their left. Spiris and Ruperto to their right.

"Millie, now!" the Prince ordered, and suddenly everything was moving again. The war cries resumed. The clash of swords rang in the air.

Lumin and Aurora raised their palms, sending a single stream of light into the air that was stronger than any spotlight Aleia had ever seen.

"What is this?!" The gruff voice broke through the sounds of battle. Anaemis covered his eyes, as did Aleia's father. But it did not stop the man from running forward. When the light dissipated, Anaemis' eyes fell on Aleia. He snarled, distracted for a mere second. But then, a malicious smile appeared on his face.

A sharp pang passed through her mind as she watched the scene unfold. Aleia heard it. She felt it. The outcry of pain. The agony in her chest.

Brun!

The Queen's soul was shouting in Aleia's head. Her pain and anguish matched the feelings that were not her own. And then she knew.

"Dad!" she cried as Anaemis thrust a conjured weapon through her father's chest. The shock took over her being as she watched him fall to the ground, clutching his middle.

Everything happening around her drowned out. She heard nothing. She saw nothing. Only her father as he rolled to his side on the ground. Auro stood in front of, shouting and gently shaking her shoulders. But no sound came to her ears. Only the gentle beating of her heart. The huffing of her breath as her chest rose and fell.

Seconds later, it all returned. The sounds of battle. The voices of her friends. The clash of metal armor. The war cry. All of it.

Aleia saw red as she snarled and stepped around Auro. Flames ignited from her hands, rising up her arms and filling her chest. Anaemis started towards her, but she did not back away.

Glint, Aleia projected the thought into her friend's mind. When you see your chance, take it. Send him away.

"Aleia, what are you doing?" Auro asked, trying to stop her from advancing.

"Ending this," she replied as the flame entered her eyes.

***

"We have to do it now!" Glint shouted to her brother. "His sole focus is Aleia."

Inanis nodded and the two ran across the highrise to circle around and come behind the madman. They ran, but kept to a speed that allowed them to act without running out of time.

"Now!" Inanis said, causing the ground beneath Anaemis to rot and fold in on itself.

Glint grunted as she stretched her hand forward, conjuring a portal beneath his feet. But none of them were prepared for what happened next.

Anaemis had reached Aleia and as the portal began to pull him under, he grabbed her by the arm. He pulled her down with him. And when the portal closed, they were both gone.