4

They went out, the body did not move which meant it was dead. They all breathed a sigh of relief, they didn't need any more danger ahead of them then there already is.

Emily was the first one out the door as always, but today seemed different, or maybe just off. Nobody really knew. Nothing felt right once they left the safety of their little makeup home.

Maybe it was just leaving it, making it feel off, but nobody would ever know.

"It looks like about 10 miles uphill before we are even close to the forest." Emily remarked.

Ethan sighed, his orange hair already flat on his face with sweat beating down his neck.

Zach laughed at Ethan's struggles, he regretted it almost instantly, he shouldn't be laughing at his friend who had almost died.

They started their journey, after about 30 minutes they took a break grabbing some water.

Every 30 minutes they took a break, sometimes in between.

They hadn't encountered any faceless, over the course of their treck uphill. It was when they came to the top to the hill was wen they saw them. Hundreds upon hundreds of them, standing their, waiting, watching.

"Umm, this may take longer than I expected," Emily said

"Yeah I think so." Ethan said panting.

"Do we have any knifes?" Emily asked

"I think so." Zoey starts to search through her bag, "Here's one!"

The rest of them found knives in their backpacks. In that moment knives were probably their best bet.

Zach gulped, his heart felt like it was going to burst out of his chest, he tried to meditate, he was taught that meditating would help calm him down, whether or not that works in a life or death situation.

It turned out that it helped calm him down a tiny bit, letting him get his breathing under control.

"Hey are you okay?" Emily asked shaking him, he zoned back in.

"Oh sorry," Zach said blushing.

"Are we ready?" Emily asked

"Maybe,"

"Who knows?"

"I honestly don't know."

Zoey hadn't said anything. All she did was look down towards the ground, she was zoned out.

"Zoey?!'

"ZOEY?!" Emily yelled, worry getting the best of her voice

"Yes." she said in a demonic tone.

Emily looked over towards the lines of faceless, she gasped.

"She's getting possessed!" Emily cried out, tears falling down her cheek heavily.

"What are we going to do?" Emily kept saying to herself.

Emily always tried to be a great leader even though she has had a troubled past, her only problem was her emotions, they mostly got the best of her. She pulled through though.

Ethan sometimes had gotten bullied, nobody knew of his secret that his dad was one of the teachers. All he had to do was go up to his dad and he would deal with it. He had a good childhood, his dad loved him, his only wish was that he could have seen his mom a bit longer before she passed.

Zoey has always been the skinny one, always into sports, she loves running and doing track. The only type of running she doesn't like is the running for her life, but besides that she loved the way her blonde curls bounce up and down when she runs.