43

She rushed over to Emily and told her to hurry up and get the knives because they were going to battle a lot quicker than they wanted to be.

Emily had gone pale, she had understood what Zoey had meant and she didn't like it much. But she still became quicker with the knife selection. She then ran around the house looking for the two boys.

When she found them she quickly alerted them to hurry up and that they would soon go to battle. The boys then started to hurry up, in all they found 1 gun. They hurried upstairs to find the girls staring at the door, knives pointed.

"So which one of you guys has the best shot do you think?" Zach whispered.

Zach looked around the room and noticed that no one was very good at shooting. "Ok, then I'll do it," he said looking at the gun. When he was young his mother and father would take him hunting in the forest, he had always loved it. And from that he learned some stuff about shooting.

Well on shooting animals, he had never shot a human before, and that was probably for the better. He let out a deep breath, aimed the gun at the door. Then BOOM! A shot echoed around the house.

It was then they realized Zach had not shot it, he was the one who had got shot. Emily rushed over to him she looked down and saw that he had been shot in the heart. She felt a sinking feeling in her chest, tears started to roll down her cheeks. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs, but she knew that wouldn't help with anything.

She looked back at Zach "I love you, I love you so damn much!" she brushed her hand across his face and kissed him, tears falling onto his cheeks from her. He wished he could embrace her, make her feel loved, that she was going to make it through her life.

"I love you too Em," he responded in pain, he saw tears wetting her shirt he wanted to wipe them away and say everything was going to be okay, to comfort her, but he couldn't, a single tear rolled down his face before he closed his eyes and let the darkness take him away.

Emily hadn't let go of his hand until it went cold. Until she knew he was gone. The first man she had loved, the first man she had ever cared for, the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, gone in the blink of an eye. Shot by her own father. She looked towards the door, it was open and her father was standing inside Zach's house.

Anger took over her once she had seen her father. He had not taken the life from one of her best friends but two. He had shot them both. Felt no mercy, he had always liked the girls better when she was little. She was never aloud to hang out with boys even though she secretly did.

He never wanted her to have a boyfriend, it seemed like he hated boys, even when she was older he had a hard time dealing with Zach, Josh and Ethan. She now only had Ethan left.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed that he was lifting the gun, pointing it at Ethan, "NO!" she screamed as he shot and she flung herself in front of the bullet, hitting her in the right thigh. She crumpled down to the floor, blood was oozing out of her new bullet wound.

Zoey wanted to go rushing over to her but Jake had started to yell orders "NO MOVING OR I WILL FINISH HER OFF!" and "GET OVER WITH ZOEY OR YOU WILL BE SHOT TOO, ETHAN!"

Emily could feel the power in his voice even with it not being directed at her. She looked up at her father, anger was still in her eyes but their was mostly pain in them. She ripped off a piece of her shirt and tied it around her leg then tried to lean on it as much as she could to put pressure on it, she remembered when she was little she had wanted to be a doctor and always found weird facts about certain injuries and also learned how to treat all different types of wounds.