37

Steph gave Jake an angry glare before she stomped upstairs, following him.

"Emily, Emily wake up," a man's voice exclaimed from the darkness in Emily's mind.

"Uggh, where am I? Who are you," she muttered opening her eyes and then quickly closing them from the bright light above her, moments later she realized that it was the sun shining down on her she was outside.

"Well first off, you're in the middle of a forest and who am I?" the man laughed before continuing, "You'll have to wait and see about that.

"And what forest exactly?" she asked looking around, it didn't seem like any forest she had ever seen, she then asked herself, what if she wasn't in her small village of Owlglass.

"The Forest Of William," he looked around "you may not of heard of it before, but this is where I come from," he said looking at Emily,

"You live in a forest!?" she asked with a confused expression on her face.

"Oh, no silly Emily, I live in The City Of William, just like you live in the village of Owlglass, isn't that correct?"

"Yeah," she replied, trying to shake the dizziness in her head that she just couldn't get away.

That's when she fainted, she just couldn't shake the dizziness out of her head, so she just let it take control. She dreamt of a nice safe place, but then she saw someone, she couldn't make out who, but they told her that when she wakes up she needs to run, as fast as she can in the opposite direction of where she is, and she listened.

When she woke up, she ran as fast as she could, but the hooded man had still caught up to her, in the madness of all the running the mans hood fell down, she looked him in the eyes, she knew this man since she was a kid, she felt betrayed in every which way that you could.

It was her brother.

After all the years of fun they had together, and that's when she realized that since it was her brother he was most likely working for her father, it was sickening.

She wanted to find her friends tell them, that her father already knew who had kidnapped her. And when he attacked her so called "kidnapper" that "he didn't know". Emily saw them, she was made to hide in a bush, but she could still hear them talking.

They were talking about how they were going to kill of her friends and keep her alive torture her until she asks to die and after that she knew that she had to escape.

He had tied up her arms, he was obviously knew to the kidnapping thing, son when he was turned the other way, she did only what she knew. She ran as fast as she could. He must of noticed that she had left because she could hear his loud thumping footsteps on the forest floor. She quickly hid behind a tree and she could feel the wind rush past her as he ran by.

She let out a long sigh, her heart was pounding out of her chest, she gulped. He had ran past her but she knew that he would be back soon when he couldn't find her.

So she followed her gut, it lead her all the way back to the entrance of the forest of Owlglass. She knew deep down in her heart that her brother wouldn't expect her to get that far sop he soon would give up, she ran into the forest of Owlglass.

It seemed like a much smoother ride without faceless creatures running after her, but she still kept running as if she was running for her life, which in a sense she was.

She didn't stop until she reached her village, the village of Owlglass. She scanned around, her father probably already knew that she was their, after all he did have cameras everywhere.

She knew what she wanted to do, but she didn't know how she would pull it off. With her father and brother out to get her, she didn't know what much else to do anymore.

She wanted to find a safe place to stay, she knew of Steph's grandma and how she had helped her and her friends save the world, but she really didn't know where Steph's grandma was staying so that was out of the option.

She could always go to one of her friends' houses, but she didn't know if her friends parents were even alive, she knew her parents were dead and an evil mastermind.

She decided that she would hang out on the streets for awhile. Maybe a random stranger would help her.

She knew her friends would probably be looking for her, if her father would even let them, he knew who the real person behind the hood was. She wished she could tell her friends that she was safe. She then realized that her father knew about her being gone and if she had not run away, he probably would have been close to killing her.

She prayed to the sky, she didn't know who she was praying for but she wanted to pray, she needed to. It made her feel almost as if she where safe. But she knew that in this world of hers, she never really was safe.

"You really want this Steph?" Jake asked as he brought her into a dimly lit room. He pushed her to the ground and got something from his pocket.